The Student Room Group

Reach for the Stars!!!- Yr 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Med, got into Manchester.
Friday 9th March 2018
I didn't realise it's been so long since I updated the last day was Sunday! I've been really busy this week and I've got some good news! Firstly, I passed the Deloitte Immersive Online Assessment and I've been invited to take the Job Simulation which I'll do on Monday :biggrin: And also I got an offer from LSE!:biggrin:

Maths: Today in maths I was really happy cos we've finally finished C4 :biggrin: This mean we'll just be revising in our C4 lessons from now on! I'm planning on bringing my own questions etc to lessons as I prefer working independently so I can work on my weaknesses (instead of working on what the teacher sets for revsion :tongue:) I'm really excited about this cos it'll reduce the amount of work I have to do at home and the lesson is 3 hours long :smile: We did differential equations today, which surprisingly isn't too bad. One thing I must do ASAP is learn all the standard integrals as it's not that I don't understand integration but sometimes it takes me a ridiculously long time when I'm doing questions to remember them in the first place there's quite a lot to remember!:tongue: And another thing I realised that I talk too much in lessons I need to start focusing more!

Chemistry: We sat an organic chemistry test in the lesson. It was quite a good test, however the questions were NOTHING like the practice questions or any of the past paper questions which is a bit annoying! And there were a couple of questions at the end which were on a related topic that we studied last year (but not in the chapter the test was on) so I couldn't remember that at all so I literally just wrote that on the paper :tongue: But the good news is that everything that I revised for (and that was meant to be in the test!) I understood and I could remember the information :smile: So I decided to take this positive from the test instead of focusing on the negatives. Another thing I realised afterwards is that when we finish revising the course and I finish revising everything it'll all link together nicely which will make it easier :smile:

Tomorrow I have work. I'm leaving next week so that I have more time to revise but I'll go back in the summer! I'm actually really going to miss everyone, but the revision time and extra time for other things I'll get in the upcoming months will be worth it :smile: I'm planning on doing 5 hours of revisions tomorrow, and I'm going to focus on revising AS content for chem and econ (but only macro) as I've been so focused on A2 content. I'm going to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow cos I'm not going out tonight. And then on Sunday, I'm going to revise AS Further Maths and cover S1 content for my retake (I still haven't started this!!) but I'm grateful my maths ability and work ethic has improved drastically compared to last year ( I was getting straight E's in tests and stuff) so I hope I can smash it :biggrin:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations"- Unknown :biggrin:

Another thing I'd just like to thank everybody whose taken an interest in my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts, I really enjoying this and it's so motivating! I hope we all smash our exams x :wink:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sunshine774
Yay that's good!:tongue: Honestly I wouldn't do it for GCSE's, you don't need to work that much! Well done, I'm proud!:tongue: every little bit counts :smile:

Original post by Toastiekid

:biggrin: How was your day?
Original post by Syed_Haque
Med, got into Manchester.

Wow well done!!:smile: Is that your first choice? Have you got any other offers?
woah huge congrats on your offer! :woo:
Also hooray! You got an offer:party: and you passed the online assessment!
Ummm how do they do a job simulation? (Sorry if this is a stupid question!)
Good luck getting all the work done tomorrow and I really like that quote:yep:
:biggrin: How was your day?

It was actually a lovely day:h:
It was actually a lovely day:h:

Glad to hear it!:smile: What lovely things happened?:h:
Original post by clouddbubbles
woah huge congrats on your offer! :woo:

Thanks!!:biggrin:
Also hooray! You got an offer:party: and you passed the online assessment!
Ummm how do they do a job simulation? (Sorry if this is a stupid question!)
Good luck getting all the work done tomorrow and I really like that quote:yep:

Thanks!:biggrin: Dw it isn't stupid, this is my first time doing one :smile: Basically you have to answer a range of different questions and they record you so I'm basically gonna be speaking to the webcam and I have to dress in clothes smart enough for an interview :smile:
Thanks and congrats on your offer as well! Manchester is my first choice, yes. Got into Kings, Liverpool and Cambridge (applied because my older sister wanted to prove an ex-friend wrong and actually got in, didn't expect it lol).
Glad to hear it!:smile: What lovely things happened?:h:

I don't know really, I guess everyone around me was really happy and it rubbed off on me:biggrin:
I need to post a breakdown of my day whoops

Thanks!:biggrin: Dw it isn't stupid, this is my first time doing one :smile: Basically you have to answer a range of different questions and they record you so I'm basically gonna be speaking to the webcam and I have to dress in clothes smart enough for an interview :smile:

Couldn't you just wear a formal shirt with pj trousers:tongue:
That makes sense:wink: good luck:h:
I don't know really, I guess everyone around me was really happy and it rubbed off on me:biggrin:
I need to post a breakdown of my day whoops
:smile: Ooh do you have a GYG thread?

Couldn't you just wear a formal shirt with pj trousers:tongue:
That makes sense:wink: good luck:h:

I guess I could!:tongue: Then at least I'll be more comfortable!:smile: Thanks!:biggrin:
Thanks and congrats on your offer as well! Manchester is my first choice, yes. Got into Kings, Liverpool and Cambridge (applied because my older sister wanted to prove an ex-friend wrong and actually got in, didn't expect it lol).

Thank you! Oh nice! Wow amazing you got into Cambridge well done!!:smile: I'm glad you proved them wrong, I really don't like people who put others down! Why isn't Cambridge your first choice?:smile:
I don't like the city. Also I want to study while living at home and all my friends and family are here.
I don't like the city. Also I want to study while living at home and all my friends and family are here.

Well, good for you :smile: I'm glad you got in, and it must feel good to reject Cambridge :tongue: Ooh nice you live in Manchester!
well done on getting the offer!:biggrin: and it sounds like you had a good day today:smile:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
well done on getting the offer!:biggrin: and it sounds like you had a good day today:smile:

Thank you!:biggrin: And yes I did, did you? What are you currently studying for?
Thank you!:biggrin: And yes I did, did you? What are you currently studying for?

gcses:redface: finished my mock week today and i'm absolutely exhausted aha
i do the core subjects along with business, computer science, geography, french and re:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending