The Student Room Group

I've applied for Durham University foundation, they have listed me on international

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notoriety
I am not exaggerating. If OP gets into Durham, even for Foundation, I am gonna tear my degree certificate up.

It will be the end of the legal profession.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I am not exaggerating. If OP gets into Durham, even for Foundation, I am gonna tear my degree certificate up.

Then I think you should get ready to tear it up.

I think OP just needs to do more research as they were looking at the 2 year LLB at UoL. In too much of a rush, especially if one reason for getting into Durham was no A levels. Fact is you cant swan off live in another country, until it suits you and want to have a uni education on a plate.
Original post by ageshallnot
It will be the end of the legal profession.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will bring a whole new meaning to legal research. OSCOLA will have to develop a referencing style that accommodates "a really successful careers advisor told me I am right".

Original post by Efron
Then I think you should get ready to tear it up.

Not that I don't believe in you, but I am going to wait till we categorically know that you've got in before tearing up a 100 quid piece of paper.
Reply 24
Not that I don't believe in you, but I am going to wait till we categorically know that you've got in before tearing up a 100 quid piece of paper.

I am now looking for a way to block you, but as I am new to TSR bare with me, and let me see what I can do in a couple minutes.

So justcontinue uttering nonsense and discouragement all day with nothing else better to do with your life.

Cheers
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Efron
I am now looking for a way to block you, but as I am new to TSR bare with me, and let me see what I can do in a couple minutes.

So just continue uttering nonsense and discouragement all day with nothing else better to do with your life.

Cheers

Original post by 999tigger
I think OP just needs to do more research as they were looking at the 2 year LLB at UoL. In too much of a rush, especially if one reason for getting into Durham was no A levels. Fact is you cant swan off live in another country, until it suits you and want to have a uni education on a plate.

It wasn't my fault so don't blame me, but I am trying my outmost best.
Reply 26

And if you have any A levels for the foundation program at Durham, they will not let you in.
Original post by Efron
It wasn't my fault so don't blame me, but I am trying my outmost best.

Feel free to block me. All ive done us taken the time to give you accurate information and tell you the truth about how funding and fee status works. From what youve told us, then as I said in my first post you have an issue with any form of student funding.
Original post by Efron
And if you have any A levels for the foundation program at Durham, they will not let you in.

I always got the impression that the Durham foundation program was more for people with unusual experience and not a way to bypass having no A levels. Anyway I wasnt overly concerned with the course, but with the question asked which was to do with fee status.

You have to solve that issue first if you want student finance.
Reply 29
Feel free to block me. All ive done us taken the time to give you accurate information and tell you the truth about how funding and fee status works. From what youve told us, then as I said in my first post you have an issue with any form of student funding.

I said that to Notoriety, not to you. You gave me valuable information so thank you, all Notoriety does is make fun of people, both directly and indirectly. Just look at his other posts for proof.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 30
I always got the impression that the Durham foundation program was more for people with unusual experience and not a way to bypass having no A levels. Anyway I wasnt overly concerned with the course, but with the question asked which was to do with fee status.

Noted thank you, I am eligible for funding be I had residency here in 2017, evan when I was abroad only I have no post 16 qualifications.
Original post by Efron
I said that to Notoriety, not to you. You gave me valuable information so thank you, all Notoriety does is make fun of people, both directly and indirectly. Just look at his other posts for proof.

I have given valuable advice several times. Which you've argued with.

At that point, the only sensible thing to do is to look up at the Heavens and curse.

It absolutely is. They are quite strict! In fact, their normal LLB has a 61% offer rate and their LLB with Foundation has a 39% offer rate. I also suspect that the Foundation course attracts serious candidates with unconventional backgrounds, rather than people who just "give it a go". Yet 61% of those serious candidates are nevertheless rejected.

The Foundation course is fairly attractive as "successful completion" leads you to Year 1 -- they obviously aren't going to give this privilege to just anyone.
Reply 33
Original post by Efron
Noted thank you, I am eligible for funding be I had residency here in 2017, evan when I was abroad only I have no post 16 qualifications.

1 year of residency isn't sufficient. You are international, unless you can show you were overseas temporarily.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Doonesbury
1 year of residency isn't sufficient. You are international, unless you can show you were overseas temporarily.

No I had years of residency before then, I came to the UK when I was 2. I left the residence in late 2016.
Reply 35
Original post by Efron
No I had years of residency before then, I came to the UK when I was 2. I left the residence in late 2016.

You said earlier you were overseas for 3 years. Anyway it's Durham's decision. If they decide you are indeed UK then you will be expected to have LNAT.
Reply 36
Original post by Doonesbury
You said earlier you were overseas for 3 years. Anyway it's Durham's decision. If they decide you are indeed UK then you will be expected to have LNAT.

I was but I stilled held residency here in the UK, and was paying the rent from there, I only came back a year ago to give the house and the go back overseas.

I actually went to a test centre and checked, they have a free exam schedule on the 13th of March, I may do it anyway as they haven't clarified whether I'm an international student or not, and I'm still waiting on the many emails I sent them.

But I think the deadline to do the LNAT was 20th of January, I wasn't in the country at that date as I applied in February, so I'm not sure how valid my LNAT is after the deadline, but I emailed the foundation center separately not mentioning that I've already applied to ask a question, and they told me to submit an online enquiry to test mu suitability fir the course to then apply for apply for Durham, when they say that then I presume there still accepting applicants and the LNAT beyond that deadline as they haven't said no applications are accepted past the deadline.
Reply 37
Original post by Efron
I haven't evan been outside the country
Reply 38
Original post by Efron
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 39
[Q]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending