The Student Room Group

Anyone applied to Hills Road for september 2018?

wondering if anyones applied and for what subjects? Im just waiting now to hear in april if I've gotten in. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
yes! Chemistry biology and maths wbu
Reply 3
Original post by Chloro27
yes! Chemistry biology and maths wbu

Hopefully French, Spanish, English Lang and maths! Are you out of area? :smile:
Reply 4
Yes ill have to get the train everyday but im ok with that are you out area too?
Yes ill have to get the train everyday but im ok with that are you out area too?

Train to Cambridge? Will this be using Abellio Greater Anglia?

If that's the case, I suggest you at least get two-three trains earlier than the last one that will get you just on time. The West Anglia route is horribly unreliable.

Take it from someone who's used it for two years straight commuting.
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_Cow
Train to Cambridge? Will this be using Abellio Greater Anglia?

If that's the case, I suggest you at least get two-three trains earlier than the last one that will get you just on time. The West Anglia route is horribly unreliable.

Take it from someone who's used it for two years straight commuting.

I think ill be on the great northern train but thank you! Im worried that taking the train might be quite unreliable especially in bad weather :/
I think ill be on the great northern train but thank you! Im worried that taking the train might be quite unreliable especially in bad weather :/

Yeah, there will be some days where trains just stop running full stop. Rail replacement buses are often available but dear god they're slow.
Reply 8
Yeah, there will be some days where trains just stop running full stop. Rail replacement buses are often available but dear god they're slow.

Do you go to Hills?
Do you go to Hills?

Nope. I'm a first-year at Edinburgh :smile: I used the same train line that goes from Liverpool Street to Cambridge for two years straight though :tongue:
Nope. I'm a first-year at Edinburgh :smile: I used the same train line that goes from Liverpool Street to Cambridge for two years straight though :tongue:

Oh wow what do you study? Im thinking of looking at Edinburgh for medicine
Oh wow what do you study? Im thinking of looking at Edinburgh for medicine

Computer Science
Reply 12

Yeah I’ll have to get the train in as well. How far from hills are you? If I get a place it’s going to be such an early start every morning :frown:
Reply 13

That sounds awful!! It’s going to be such a shock to the system. My current journey to school is a 4 minute walk 😂
Original post by minazl
Yeah I’ll have to get the train in as well. How far from hills are you? If I get a place it’s going to be such an early start every morning :frown:

Its about a 45 min train journey so ill have to wake up at about 7 which isnt too bad :/
Reply 15
Its about a 45 min train journey so ill have to wake up at about 7 which isnt too bad :/

I’m about the same, 45 minutes ish. But I’m the most disorganised person so I’m really worried about missing the train - i think it’ll end up being a pretty regular thing :smile:
Have you heard yet?
Reply 17
Have you heard yet?

Ugh not yet I know people at other school have but I’m still waiting :frown:( I’m so nervous 😂have you??
Original post by minazl
Ugh not yet I know people at other school have but I’m still waiting :frown:( I’m so nervous 😂have you??

No not yet but i reckon it will be next week when term starts.. the wait is killing me 😂
Reply 19
No not yet but i reckon it will be next week when term starts.. the wait is killing me 😂

Ugh same I spend more time worrying about that than my exams 😂

Quick Reply

Latest