The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde Business School Offer Holders 2018

Hey Guys,

I have an Unconditional to study Business at Strathclyde (my firm choice) and was looking to see if there was any more of you out there with offers and is intending to study there too. Simply for the purpose of mingling and discovering who everyone is.

Cannot wait to get started!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by LewK191
Hey Guys,

I have an Unconditional to study Business at Strathclyde (my firm choice) and was looking to see if there was any more of you out there with offers and is intending to study there too. Simply for the purpose of mingling and discovering who everyone is.

Cannot wait to get started!

Heyy, I got a conditional offer for international business. I was so happy as I'm looking to keep my options open with regards to uni course. The email said like congratulations you've got an offer etc though that I have to wait almost a week to find out what my conditions are though through UCAS which is kinda different to my other offers.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by Neisen
Heyy, I got a conditional offer for international business. I was so happy as I'm looking to keep my options open with regards to uni course. The email said like congratulations you've got an offer etc though that I have to wait almost a week to find out what my conditions are though through UCAS which is kinda different to my other offers.

That's amazing! congratulations! however I find it unusual that it didn't come through on track straight away?
Reply 3
Original post by LewK191
That's amazing! congratulations! however I find it unusual that it didn't come through on track straight away?

Yeah it's very unusual and my other offers have came through very shortly after the uni email but I guess I just have to be patient haha. I guess they probably get quite a few applicants and maybe the strikes are affecting things.
Reply 4
Hey I've got an unconditional offer for accounting that I'm planning on making my firm! Is anyone going to the business offer holder's day on the 28th March?
Reply 5
ive got conditional for economics and plan to goto the offer holders day on 28th March
Reply 6
Original post by Luke\g
ive got conditional for economics and plan to goto the offer holders day on 28th March

Hey man, well done with your offer! Are you a Scottish student?
Reply 7
Original post by LewK191
Hey man, well done with your offer! Are you a Scottish student?

no i am english
Reply 8
I got a conditional offer back in December for Marketing & Management but don't think I'll be for the offer holder day, went to the open days though
Reply 9
Original post by lucyxz0
Hey I've got an unconditional offer for accounting that I'm planning on making my firm! Is anyone going to the business offer holder's day on the 28th March?

I am possibly going but I am unsure if it is much different to your average open day??
Reply 10
Original post by LewK191
I am possibly going but I am unsure if it is much different to your average open day??

Yeah I'm not really sure what it'll be like but I thought it would be good to go and try and meet some of the people I might be at uni with next year!! It's not something you go to with parents is it? I was going to go by myself??
Reply 11
Original post by lucyxz0
Yeah I'm not really sure what it'll be like but I thought it would be good to go and try and meet some of the people I might be at uni with next year!! It's not something you go to with parents is it? I was going to go by myself??

Well I got a letter through and the whole event is actually meant to be aimed at parents, guardians etc. So I'm not sure what's in store. I don't think it's really a place to meet other people; I'm thinking its more info based for parents but I may be wrong. Have a look into it. I'll re-read my letter and I'll let you know what it says😊
Reply 12
Original post by LewK191
Well I got a letter through and the whole event is actually meant to be aimed at parents, guardians etc. So I'm not sure what's in store. I don't think it's really a place to meet other people; I'm thinking its more info based for parents but I may be wrong. Have a look into it. I'll re-read my letter and I'll let you know what it says😊

Aw really? I've got a friend going to the offer holders day for people doing science degrees tomorrow so I'll see what she says its like but to be honest I'll probably still go anyway because I live in Glasgow and it's a wee day off school for me aha
Reply 13
Original post by lucyxz0
Aw really? I've got a friend going to the offer holders day for people doing science degrees tomorrow so I'll see what she says its like but to be honest I'll probably still go anyway because I live in Glasgow and it's a wee day off school for me aha

Exactly my thought process too. Small bus ride in on a school day (in which I do nothing now) into town sounds great😂. Let me know what happens with your friends tomorrow though😊
Reply 14
Hey, has anyone got any idea when the freshers of 2018/19 start meeting up? Like I have accepted my offer but not sure what happens now
I plan to come for MSc Supply Chain & Logistics. I am an international student tho and will only come at the term.
Original post by AfnanMir
I plan to come for MSc Supply Chain & Logistics. I am an international student tho and will only come at the term.

Another MSc student! I have an offer for their Business Analysis & Consulting course.
Original post by TCA2b
Another MSc student! I have an offer for their Business Analysis & Consulting course.

that's great, had I been too good at Mathematics I would have opted for it too. Are you from Scotland, how well do you rank the institute? I have made a thread if you could reply to it please!
The business school is one of the top in the country. The university does alright otherwise in its rankings. I don't know too much about it other than this. Regarding your query about international rankings in that other thread, that's an extremely competitive category given how many there are in the world. The business department still ranks quite well in Europe and globally (126-150 here.)
(edited 6 years ago)
Another MSc student right here! I'm going to attend the Data Analytics program and I come from Portugal!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending