The Student Room Group

GCSE Options - Please give your opinion on my choices

I’m really conscious I’ve made the wrong choice of subjects; I’m concerned that I won’t enjoy them and won’t be able to change. I do thoroughly enjoy these subjects and they were purely my decision, but I’d really like some opinions on what you thought of the following at GCSE; History, French & Music. Thank you :-)
it might be helpful to check out my thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5181182
it has a few top tips and pointers!
if you have any specific questions then i’ll try my best to answer :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by clouddbubbles
it might be helpful to check out my thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5181182
it has a few top tips and pointers!
if you have any specific questions then i’ll try my best to answer :yep:
Hi! Thanks so much, I’ll have a look at your thread 😊
Really good choices :-)
Reply 4
As long as you enjoy them and can get good grades in them, they seem like good choices. Do you have any idea what you want to do for a level/ a career yet? If so, they will keep your options open.
Reply 5
I think they sound great :-)
Reply 6
Original post by IssyCon
As long as you enjoy them and can get good grades in them, they seem like good choices. Do you have any idea what you want to do for a level/ a career yet? If so, they will keep your options open.

I’d love to have a career in Digital Marketing or Politics. I was considering taking Business Studies and ICT, however they’re both BTECs and I was advised against them as I’m quite academic. I’ve been identified as MAT in French, I’m obtaining E.Ps in History and I love singing and playing my guitar and my music teacher has been persuading me to take music. The music course also offers the opportunity to use software such as Sibelius and Garage Band to compose, which compelled me to do it. However, I wouldn’t say I’m particularly gifted in this subject so it does concern me that I may get a poor grade in comparison to what I achieve in most other subjects. I also worry about my French pronunciation, the poor teaching staff (with the exception of one, who I’ve requested to have on the options form) and the time it will take me to write essays in History (I’m a slow writer anyway and the pressure I put upon myself to succeed of exams doesn’t help) I’m just very indecisive and afraid of failing :-(. My teachers have told me I’ll cope perfectly well with them though, which gives me some confidence. I’m also torn between triple and double Science as I’m good at science (A in GCSE physics exam and A* in biology) and my English is good but maths isn’t my strong point. In my school you have to miss an hour of maths to do triple science and don’t know if I’d cope. It doesn’t help I have a useless maths teacher this year either.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ashestostardust
Really good choices :-)

Thank you :-)
Original post by Xchloem03X

Not a problem x and good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by amyando
I think they sound great :-)

Original post by Xchloem03X

No problem! Good luck for the future :-)

Quick Reply

Latest