The Student Room Group

Night shift // weekend jobs that pay more

Ive seen the flexi jobs at Tesco but even they have pre-determined hours.
What are some jobs like tesco that pay you 1.5x your pay for nights and weekends? (Brighton and Hove).
Most of the jobs at Tesco are only 16-22 hours :frown:

Additionaly if someone knows of jobs that leave you in front of a PC and you wait for stuff to happen (like firefighters) it would help a lot.
Maybe a night porter?
Original post by dreamerEU
Ive seen the flexi jobs at Tesco but even they have pre-determined hours.
What are some jobs like tesco that pay you 1.5x your pay for nights and weekends? (Brighton and Hove).
Most of the jobs at Tesco are only 16-22 hours :frown:

Additionaly if someone knows of jobs that leave you in front of a PC and you wait for stuff to happen (like firefighters) it would help a lot.
Maybe a night porter?

If you work at a mcdonalds that is 24 hours, you can do overnight shifts. They pay more if you do an overnight shift. Obviously you have to be over 18 though.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
If you work at a mcdonalds that is 24 hours, you can do overnight shifts. They pay more if you do an overnight shift. Obviously you have to be over 18 though.

Thats nice but McDonalds ..... ehh , with retail jobs available ....
Im 19 dou.
Thats nice but McDonalds ..... ehh , with retail jobs available ....
Im 19 dou.

Theres nothing wrong with working at mcdonalds.
I used to work there for 9 years (full time, part time while at 6th form/college and also 1 day a week while i worked at other jobs). People **** it off but it isnt as bad as people make out.And the people who **** it off have never worked there. It might not be the best job out there but it does the job and its very flexible and the money isnt too bad.
Working there myself stood me in good stead for where i work now.
And i think you will find that there isnt much in retail where you can work overnight. Only really supermarkets if they have an overnight shift.
Reply 4
Theres nothing wrong with working at mcdonalds.
I used to work there for 9 years (full time, part time while at 6th form/college and also 1 day a week while i worked at other jobs). People **** it off but it isnt as bad as people make out.And the people who **** it off have never worked there. It might not be the best job out there but it does the job and its very flexible and the money isnt too bad.
Working there myself stood me in good stead for where i work now.
And i think you will find that there isnt much in retail where you can work overnight. Only really supermarkets if they have an overnight shift.

Thing is , i like retail and supermarkets in general , the roomy-ness is calming.
And also a very important factor , experience in retail gets ya qualified for a s**tload of jobs , gastronomy not so much.

Do you stink of oil all day? Do you get harassed by customers( like in the videos ) ?
Thing is , i like retail and supermarkets in general , the roomy-ness is calming.
And also a very important factor , experience in retail gets ya qualified for a s**tload of jobs , gastronomy not so much.

Do you stink of oil all day? Do you get harassed by customers( like in the videos ) ?

Dont believe all the videos you see on the internet. I think quite a few are made up. You do get a few nob head customers, but you get that everywhere. If you work in the kitchen you wont end up dealing with customers anyway. And overnight (just like with supermarkets and other places open 24 hours) its not that busy at night anyway.
Reply 6
Dont believe all the videos you see on the internet. I think quite a few are made up. You do get a few nob head customers, but you get that everywhere. If you work in the kitchen you wont end up dealing with customers anyway. And overnight (just like with supermarkets and other places open 24 hours) its not that busy at night anyway.

ok ,ok thanks for you help Emma :h:
ok ,ok thanks for you help Emma :h:

Your welcome.
It just winds me up that a lot of people are quick to **** off the place when they have never worked there so know jack **** about working there. And it isnt as bad as people make out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending