The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does it satisfy your ego to make this thread?
Original post by puddhi eater 69

The OP worked hard and is motivating students do the same, I am intrigued on how the OP studied, revision techniques and general routine to achieve 5 A*.
Where else did you apply and is Cambridge your firm? Also, whats the offer?

Oooh someone's jealous :colone:
Why natural sciences?
Original post by johnny.snow
Oooh someone's jealous :colone:

Not really, it's a great achievement but man just listed his grades and offer so I assumed it was the "shove it in your face" type thread
Original post by Radioactivedecay
Where else did you apply and is Cambridge your firm? Also, whats the offer?

.''
(edited 4 years ago)
Not really, it's a great achievement but man just listed his grades and offer so I assumed it was the "shove it in your face" type thread

How is it 'shove in your face' when you willingly clicked on this thread?

I mean it's so people can ask for tips and stuff but I can see how it can seem like an ego trip.
what tips can you give for biology and chmesitry please? i need to jump up from D
Original post by CashBlack
The OP worked hard and is motivating students do the same, I am intrigued on how the OP studied, revision techniques and general routine to achieve 5 A*.

Normal students firstly don't do 5 A-levels... it's nothing to do with working hard or intelligence they just don't get the chance. For instance my sixth form didn't have anyone doing 4 a-levels, just 3. Also consider that it could be that OP had/has received a lot of extra support that most pupils don't get. Either from tutors or from parents... I've already got my A-levels but something like this doesn't come about through the OP just being really clever 90% of the time.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Why natural sciences?

I am interested in science, and especially biology. Natural sciences seemed like the most suitable course at Cambridge. I applied biology at other unis.
Original post by temmy234
what tips can you give for biology and chmesitry please? i need to jump up from D

gg
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by pereira325
Normal students firstly don't do 5 A-levels... it's nothing to do with working hard or intelligence they just don't get the chance. For instance my sixth form didn't have anyone doing 4 a-levels, just 3. Also consider that it could be that OP had/has received a lot of extra support that most pupils don't get. Either from tutors or from parents... I've already got my A-levels but something like this doesn't come about through the OP just being really clever 90% of the time.

'Normal students' dont abide with you 'Normal specifications'. Why are your bashing OP for pushing himself and clearly working hard to be where he is. And when you say 'you dont have the chance', surely if you wanted to do 5 A levels you would have done so, either by going to a different school where you can do 5 or self studying a couple of them. Stop trying to discredit other people's hard work and intelligence just because you feel uncomfortable that they are better than you, because at the end of the day, OP sat his exams himself, no one else did it for him.
Don't get mad get good bruh.
Reply 15
The only arrogant person here is you. Let people who want to ask questions ask them.
Original post by pereira325

am.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah you're jealous af
Congrats, what do you want to do after your degree?
We have a professor at uni whose a Cambridge grad of natural sciences and teaches dentistry (which I find really cool but random) and he just seems to know everything there is to know about literally anything.

Are you interested in research or teaching at uni level at all?

Latest