The Student Room Group

Remarks

I am an international student who did some of my A-level units in January 2018 my results came out on Thursday; And I am sure I don't deserve the marks I got I feel like there must be something wrong because I am a top student. So I wanted to ask how likely is a remark going to work and my grade will go up? Are Pearson Edexcel generous with remarks?
Original post by drljay
I am an international student who did some of my A-level units in January 2018 my results came out on Thursday; And I am sure I don't deserve the marks I got I feel like there must be something wrong because I am a top student. So I wanted to ask how likely is a remark going to work and my grade will go up? Are Pearson Edexcel generous with remarks?

Pearson Edexcel attempted to mark your papers correctly the first time and will do so again if you request a remark. They are not generous or anything else, they just try be fair and correctly mark the work. What unit papers are you considering a remark for?
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
Pearson Edexcel attempted to mark your papers correctly the first time and will do so again if you request a remark. They are not generous or anything else, they just try be fair and correctly mark the work. What unit papers are you considering a remark for?

Unit 4 Biology and Unit 4 Chemistry
Original post by drljay
Unit 4 Biology and Unit 4 Chemistry

My recommendation would be to get copies of your papers back and review them with a teacher before deciding if a remark is worthwhile. If money is not an issue then go ahead and see what happens. It seems unlikely that two separate subjects would be very badly under marked.
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
My recommendation would be to get copies of your papers back and review them with a teacher before deciding if a remark is worthwhile. If money is not an issue then go ahead and see what happens. It seems unlikely that two separate subjects would be very badly under marked.

I got copies and reviewed them with both teachers. Biology I feel like I deserved my grade after having a look at it. But Chemistry I am two marks away from the next grade and these two marks I have easily found them.

Quick Reply

Latest