The Student Room Group

A level sociology or psychology

Going into medicine in the future but not sure whether to take sociology or psychology with biology and chemistry. Opinions?

Or should i pick a different subject entirely?
Original post by Lozzz12
Going into medicine in the future but not sure whether to take sociology or psychology with biology and chemistry. Opinions?

Psychology I'd say is slightly more respected, so go for that unless you're planning on going to Oxbridge? Though I'd suggest you look at individual uni requirements, because some may prefer maths etc. But generally speaking, Psychology is fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Nathan Scott
Psychology I'd say is slightly more respected, so go for that unless you're planning on going to Oxbridge? Though I'd suggest you look at individual uni requirements, because some may prefer maths etc. But generally speaking, Psychology is fine.

Not sure what uni I'd go to yet, just done a year of art, hated it, and want to go into medicine which was my second choice anyway. Looked at UCAS and other websites which say biology, chemisty and an academic subject. Not sure I would be able to get an A or B in maths.

Thanks for the help!
Original post by Lozzz12

Psychology would be much better if you want to do medicine. I have a friend who's doin sociology, psychology and biology and wants to go into medicine. So its really upto.
maths would be better though i do understand it's not a subject that everyone wants to do so out of those two i'd pick psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest