The Student Room Group

Grade 9 maths workbooks edexcel

What kind of grade 9 maths workbooks would you recommend to get a 9 in my maths gcse?? My exam board is edexcel
Original post by AlinaReji24
What kind of grade 9 maths workbooks would you recommend to get a 9 in my maths gcse?? My exam board is edexcel

Maybe this?
New GCSE Maths Edexcel Grade 9 Targeted Exam Practice Workbook (includes Answers) (CGP GCSE Maths 9-1 Revision) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/178294415X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_XjSOAb4RBCWGB
Or
Original post by Iahmed512
Maybe this?
New GCSE Maths Edexcel Grade 9 Targeted Exam Practice Workbook (includes Answers) (CGP GCSE Maths 9-1 Revision) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/178294415X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_XjSOAb4RBCWGB
Or

thanks i was thinking abt this but some people told me that exam style questions are harder than the type of questions in this book.
thanks i was thinking abt this but some people told me that exam style questions are harder than the type of questions in this book.

That's pretty much the only grade 9 Targeted Workbook I have seen, If you really understand a topic then you should be able to do even the hardest questions on it, you shouldn't only just use workbooks to practice questions or topics as well, sometimes you can come across a hard question by revising a certain topic, a higher level topic, maybe even a worksheet, Have you tried all the specimen papers off the edexcel website as well.
That's pretty much the only grade 9 Targeted Workbook I have seen, If you really understand a topic then you should be able to do even the hardest questions on it, you shouldn't only just use workbooks to practice questions or topics as well, sometimes you can come across a hard question by revising a certain topic, a higher level topic, maybe even a worksheet, Have you tried all the specimen papers off the edexcel website as well.

i'm working on the specimen papers. thanks for the advice
i'm working on the specimen papers. thanks for the advice

Also, your school might be giving out a set of practice papers, if they don't you can buy it online, for your exam board, cgp do them, not sure if edexcel have their own set though.
Hi there :wavey:

I've moved your thread to the Maths forum where hopefully you'll get more answers :smile: In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread :smile:
Also, your school might be giving out a set of practice papers, if they don't you can buy it online, for your exam board, cgp do them, not sure if edexcel have their own set though.

okay i will check thanks
@Y11_Maths made a website with some really hard questions
jmaths.simplesite.com
Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDur
jmaths.simplesite.com

Thanks for the mention :smile:
jmaths.simplesite.com

As well as a grade 9 paper with really hard questions.
Maybe this?
Or

YES - I have this book and it's brilliant!
jmaths.simplesite.com

thnks
Original post by Y11_Maths
Thanks for the mention :smile:

the paper is very useful. what gcse subjects are u doing atm?
Original post by Mehru1214
YES - I have this book and it's brilliant!

okay i'm planning to buy it
the paper is very useful. what gcse subjects are u doing atm?

Sports Studies
Business
German
Yourself?
Sports Studies
Business
German
Yourself?

german, maths, triple science, english literature and language, media studies, geography, RE
german, maths, triple science, english literature and language, media studies, geography, RE

Good luck with those!
Good luck with those!

thnks good luck with urs too

Quick Reply

Latest