The Student Room Group

Milton Keynes headmaster accused of fat shaming

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The PoliticalGuy
Obesity causes according to the NHS

it can lead to a number of serious and potentially life-threatening conditions, such as:

type 2 diabetes

some types of cancer, such as breast cancer and bowel cancer

Obesity can also affect your quality of life and lead to psychological problems, such as depression and low self-esteem .

However some stupid people (*cough* feminists *cough*) say like Stephanie Abraham that say " Fat is beautiful, if someone wants to be fat then let them"

I am an advocate for freedom but children must be taught to diet and exercise otherwise the obesity problem in the UK will continue, why the Headteacher is being criticised is beyond me.

Exactly.
(edited 6 years ago)
He worded it wrong and now they're probably gonna ignore the issue completely seeing as he's already vilified. God damn.

Original post by Andrew97
But the schools get blamed if the kids are overweight these days.

No they don't.
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
Obesity causes according to the NHS

it can lead to a number of serious and potentially life-threatening conditions, such as:

type 2 diabetes

some types of cancer, such as breast cancer and bowel cancer

Obesity can also affect your quality of life and lead to psychological problems, such as depression and low self-esteem .

However some stupid people (*cough* feminists *cough*) say like Stephanie Abraham that say " Fat is beautiful, if someone wants to be fat then let them"

I am an advocate for freedom but children must be taught to diet and exercise otherwise the obesity problem in the UK will continue, why the Headteacher is being criticised is beyond me.

I agree with you, but I seem to have failed to see how being a feminist equates to endorsing unhealthy body image. There's no correlation there.
Original post by mundosinfin
I agree with you, but I seem to have failed to see how being a feminist equates to endorsing unhealthy body image. There's no correlation there.

beauty standards. "due to partriachate the unrealist beauty standards were set and not everybody is perfect, we should accept everybody as is"
generally obesity for both genders is covered by SJW (on the internet you can hear crap like - if you refused xxx if xxx is fat then it fat shaming)
add spices like modern tendency to blame the organism for everything - I am fat because of bones, legacy, being born like this...

and here we are. with the development of science it is possible to lose fat, adjust looks (in the future - possibly genes) but ironic that people are becoming uglier than before.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Chucke1992
beauty standards. "due to partriachate the unrealist beauty standards were set and not everybody is perfect, we should accept everybody as is"
generally obesity is covered by SJW (on the internet you can hear crap like - if you refused xxx if xxx is fat then it fat shaming)
+ spiceys like modern tendency to blame the organism for everything - I am fat because of bones, legacy and son.

Due to the what now?
No, feminists advocate for equality between men and women. Many modern feminists are also SJWs, but this doesn't mean that feminists are the ones who brought this stigma about. The reason why people say this is because it's true, but not to the extent that people who are seriously at a health risk are referred to in this statement. The beauty standards most of these people mean are things like shaved legs, no stretch marks, perfectly flat stomach, etc. In relationships I would say you have a valid reason to reject someone because of their appearance - it isn't ideal but it's your preference, However, if you refuse someone for a job then I'd say this is fat shaming, unless the job requires physical fitness (e.g. personal trainer, sport coach - actually in my days I've seen numerous overweight coaches haha)
Britain is going down the same route as the USA.
Due to the what now? No, feminists advocate for equality between men and women. Many modern feminists are also SJWs, but this doesn't mean that feminists are the ones who brought this stigma about. The reason why people say this is because it's true, but not to the extent that people who are seriously at a health risk are referred to in this statement. The beauty standards most of these people mean are things like shaved legs, no stretch marks, perfectly flat stomach, etc. In relationships I would say you have a valid reason to reject someone because of their appearance - it isn't ideal but it's your preference, However, if you refuse someone for a job then I'd say this is fat shaming, unless the job requires physical fitness (e.g. personal trainer, sport coach - actually in my days I've seen numerous overweight coaches haha)

Wow, so rejecting a person because of their looks is not ideal? Then what is?

Fat shaming generally refers to not liking a fat person. It rarely includes the job at all and more things like "as a fat person I did this or that".
Wow, so rejecting a person because of their looks is not ideal? Then what is?

Fat shaming generally refers to not liking a fat person. It rarely includes the job at all and more things like "as a fat person I did this or that".

I mean, it wouldn't be ideal - as in favourable, nice, good etc - if someone told you they didn't want to be in a relationship with you because of your looks. A perfectly fine reason would be personality incompatibility, for example.

That would be true, but you could also say that this sort of prejudice in job interviews etc could be referred to as fat shaming.
I mean, it wouldn't be ideal - as in favourable, nice, good etc - if someone told you they didn't want to be in a relationship with you because of your looks. A perfectly fine reason would be personality incompatibility, for example.

Not to hurt those feelings. I get it.

I think people should strive for generally healthy society and not "whatever society that doesn't hurt others feelings"
(edited 6 years ago)
Not to hurt those feelings. I get it.

Honestly I don't understand why you'd want to though...
I'm not sure I get the issue. He didn't name a particular child. He was talking about in general.
'Fat shaming' is nonsense. But it's of the same ilk of nonsense that thinks that people have a right to not have to hear or see things that offend them.
We have an overly obese feminazi in our year that yaps on about fat shaming in class whenever she gets the opportunity. She's already reported a number of students in our year and a lecturer this one time for disagreeing with her. She reported me for asking a lecturer what impact recognising transsexuality as being natural would have on psychology in medicine.

These lowlifes they impose their views on others whilst having the audacity to claim that it is society that imposes its views on them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Honestly I don't understand why you'd want to though...

People grow up through pain and hardship, not by avoiding it claiming that they are intellectually or morally superior. Hiding the insecurities behind the morals never works. And so far the entitled generation brought only life conveniences but no breakthroughs.

I remember days when parents suggested children to join the gym, do boxing, find the interest. But now it is more to - "I want you join" "No you can't" "filling the lawsuit"
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 34
teacher doesn't look in shape himself

irony
The world is going mad.

Religious law states that at equilibrium the forces between 2 objects are equal and by in large opposite.
Girl....fat shaming is rude and crude!!! Just promote las healthy diet + exercise!!!!
Original post by HettiBetti
Religious law states that at equilibrium the forces between 2 objects are equal and by in large opposite.
Girl....fat shaming is rude and crude!!! Just promote las healthy diet + exercise!!!!

Firstly I’m not a girl as you can clearly tell from my username. Secondly he was promoting exercise.
Original post by Andrew97
Firstly I’m not a girl as you can clearly tell from my username. Secondly he was promoting exercise.

Girl..ok!!! Relax Girl!!! ( to another person) Oh..do you see this Girl???
Original post by HettiBetti
Girl..ok!!! Relax Girl!!! ( to another person) Oh..do you see this Girl???

I think it’s time to put the drink away, as you are making zero sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending