The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Radioactivedecay
'Normal students' dont abide with you 'Normal specifications'. Why are your bashing OP for pushing himself and clearly working hard to be where he is. And when you say 'you dont have the chance', surely if you wanted to do 5 A levels you would have done so, either by going to a different school where you can do 5 or self studying a couple of them. Stop trying to discredit other people's hard work and intelligence just because you feel uncomfortable that they are better than you, because at the end of the day, OP sat his exams himself, no one else did it for him.
Don't get mad get good bruh.

I already said I have my a-levels! The whole point of normal is it describes the average person... you can search but it's fact that the median/mean/mode a-levels taken is 3. We don't know OP is a he btw :tongue:. It would have been a lot more effort to "fight the system" and do more than 3 a levels... especially when the school doesn't see a need for you to. Self-studying: Organising your own exams, organising your own revision, organising your own learning, that's a lot of work lmao and there isn't really a need for people to take that on. Moving schools is a big deal too, nothing minor. I am not discrediting his hard work or intelligence... there isn't even a way to really compare mine and OP's intelligence/work ethic as I didn't do science at a level. OP hasn't completed his a levels, yet I already have... I'm at uni mate!

Grammar school. That's why :smile:. I did not go to one (just a normal state school) but I have heard they are almost as good as private schools so that explains a lot. They are supposedly very competitive so well done for keeping up and thriving.
Hey dyu have any tips on applying and getting in? Im considering applying to E&M but the acceptance rate is rlly daunting :frown:
congrats on ur offer! what were your GCSEs, may I ask?
Any tips? E.g revision/ time table
Original post by pereira325
I already said I have my a-levels! The whole point of normal is it describes the average person... you can search but it's fact that the median/mean/mode a-levels taken is 3. We don't know OP is a he btw :tongue:. It would have been a lot more effort to "fight the system" and do more than 3 a levels... especially when the school doesn't see a need for you to. Self-studying: Organising your own exams, organising your own revision, organising your own learning, that's a lot of work lmao and there isn't really a need for people to take that on. Moving schools is a big deal too, nothing minor. I am not discrediting his hard work or intelligence... there isn't even a way to really compare mine and OP's intelligence/work ethic as I didn't do science at a level. OP hasn't completed his a levels, yet I already have... I'm at uni mate!

Grammar school. That's why :smile:. I did not go to one (just a normal state school) but I have heard they are almost as good as private schools so that explains a lot. They are supposedly very competitive so well done for keeping up and thriving.

These excuses smh...
How would you say you prepared for the maths exam in general? I am guessing you did early entry so it was the old spec? Even so, what type of revision did you do before the exams. Also, for Chemistry and Biology, how do you revise the old topics? Do you just read the notes periodically or just look at exam questions? I am doing 5 as well but physics instead of Dutch :tongue: so it will be interesting to know how you work.
What a levels did you get? Did you go Oxbridge?
Reply 68
Original post by johnny.snow

He claims to but his threads suggest otherwise. When doonesbury linked it, he edited it with "Nothing to see here mate". What a bitter loser.
How did your interview go?

Do you think you got your offer due to a brilliant interview or just immense predicted and achieved grades?
These excuses smh...

Pathetic troll. I can confirm when a person doesn't actually address points raised.
Pathetic troll. I can confirm when a person doesn't actually address points raised.[

No, what you said before were simply excuses and I simply called you out on that. You cry about non-equal opportunities yet lack the drive or willpower to chase what you want, so you bash people who do. If anything, you're the troll here, a very jealous troll indeed.:tongue:
[QUOTE="Radioactivedecay;76533060"]
Pathetic troll. I can confirm when a person doesn't actually address points raised.[

No, what you said before were simply excuses and I simply called you out on that. You cry about non-equal opportunities yet lack the drive or willpower to chase what you want, so you bash people who do. If anything, you're the troll here, a very jealous troll indeed.:tongue:

Boring. That's the whole point... they were meant to be excuses. Going against the standard 3 a-levels is very challenging as if your school thinks it's easier/better doing the 3 then you would have to organise any extra yourself.
You seem to conveniently have forgotten me mentioning in my first reply of this thread or something that I already have my three a-levels, and am in university. Jealous slightly, but very? Nah. I will bash whoever I want, when I want. The main reason for OP's success is attending the grammar school they do. Fact. Unless you would like to cite all the stories of people in regular state sixth forms doing 5 a-levels... Credit is given where it's due, but a lot of it was having the opportunity.
That's at least the third lie you've told on TSR.

1) About having rejected LSE when they turned you down.
2) About having a Master's in Economics from Cambridge.
3) And now about having a degree in Economics and Management from Oxford.

The truth, as many of us know, is that you're doing an Access to HE course and hope to get into Warwick or Exeter.

You must have a pathetically inadequate life to feel the need to boast constantly about your prowess.
Original post by Topgunnerss23
Hey dyu have any tips on applying and getting in? Im considering applying to E&M but the acceptance rate is rlly daunting :frown:

Original post by johnny.snow

He's a habitual liar. See my post above. Take no advice from people like him.
[QUOTE="pereira325;76533876"]

Boring. That's the whole point... they were meant to be excuses. Going against the standard 3 a-levels is very challenging as if your school thinks it's easier/better doing the 3 then you would have to organise any extra yourself.
You seem to conveniently have forgotten me mentioning in my first reply of this thread or something that I already have my three a-levels, and am in university. Jealous slightly, but very? Nah. I will bash whoever I want, when I want. The main reason for OP's success is attending the grammar school they do. Fact. Unless you would like to cite all the stories of people in regular state sixth forms doing 5 a-levels... Credit is given where it's due, but a lot of it was having the opportunity.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of other people being lucky and having more support, they're just more hardworking and better than you? I know it burns you on the inside to have to face that fact, but the truth is that there will always be someone better than you, and that's true for everyone.

Also, there are maaany cases of people form STATE SCHOOLS, 4 alevels or more. There's a thread on this site of someone doing maths and further maths alevels alongside his gcses in year 10, and guess what, he's in a state school! Stop trying to bring others down because of your inadequacy.
Original post by ageshallnot
That's at least the third lie you've told on TSR.

1) About having rejected LSE when they turned you down.
2) About having a Master's in Economics from Cambridge.
3) And now about having a degree in Economics and Management from Oxford.

The truth, as many of us know, is that you're doing an Access to HE course and hope to get into Warwick or Exeter.

You must have a pathetically inadequate life to feel the need to boast constantly about your prowess.

That's just sad..smh..
I am taking 4 A-Levels currently with predicted A* in all of them, as well as having 3 A*s in Maths, french and spanish A-Level.

Any advice on applying to Cambridge?
Reply 78
Original post by Albert_Stewart
I am taking 4 A-Levels currently with predicted A* in all of them, as well as having 3 A*s in Maths, french and spanish A-Level.

Any advice on applying to Cambridge?

For which course?

If you are considering applying for 2020 entry you could join your fellow aspirants here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5617904

Latest