The Student Room Group

How do I achieve 36 credits at distinction and 9 and merit?

EDIT: I ended up getting distinctions in everything and this meant I was awarded with two scholarships!! I'm going into my 4th year now to study a masters in Psychology :smile:

How did it work?

We study 5 units - apparently each give us 9 credits totalling 45.

For each assignment we are awarded 3/4 grades and so far I have 17 Distinctions:

Psychology
MDD
D
D
M

English language
MMMDDDDD
D
D
M
M
M
D
D
D

Crime
MDD
D
D
M

English literature
DDDDD
D
D
D
D
D

Social policy
DDD
D
D
D

We have 9 assignments left I think. Is t an overall grade regarding each subject? Or is each grade awarded on each assignment 1 credit? So confusing.

Please help me!!
(edited 2 years ago)
It will probably be based on units. Normally it is taken by the middle grade -- MMMDDDD (sorted lowest to highest). Middle grade is a D, so D is for that unit.

Confirm with your teachers, or course handbook if you have one.
Reply 2
Original post by Notoriety
It will probably be based on units. Normally it is taken by the middle grade -- MMMDDDD (sorted lowest to highest). Middle grade is a D, so D is for that unit.

Confirm with your teachers, or course handbook if you have one.

Thank you so much! I briefly recall them talking about this method of marking but it didn't make sense after other students had told me a different story. It's the only possible way really because some units contain more than 9 different marks (which would take it past 45). Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Chan1995
Thank you so much! I briefly recall them talking about this method of marking but it didn't make sense after other students had told me a different story. It's the only possible way really because some units contain more than 9 different marks (which would take it past 45). Thank you :smile:

Also what if I got pppmddddd - would I still get a distinction?
Original post by Chan1995
Also what if I got pppmddddd - would I still get a distinction?

Yep, fortunately!
Reply 5
Original post by Notoriety
Yep, fortunately!

The only reason I'm asking is because I ****ed up big time. My grandma died and I'm getting tested for a heart condition - I ended up sleeping past the deadline (my assignment was finished apart from my reference list) So it ended up being an hour late and capped at a pass. I didn' even think to get an extension but I'm fighting the case that I wasn't able to get the form due to being ill. I feel better knowing that it's still possible to go to my dream uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending