The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherryred90s
None of your sources say that women are gold diggers...

I think you are probably naive. Would a woman come out to state that the reason she married this bloke was to dig for gold?
Original post by Wired_1800
What is this with proof on everything?Are you ignorant? Gold diggers are known to be there for the money, when the money stops they leave.

I cannot provide scientific evidence that shows some women were gold digging. Which woman will come out to say that she is a gold digger even though she was gold digging?

How can you call someone ignorant when you’re the one making up statements to support your own agenda?
It is not true.

a) i have responded on this thread that men and women can be gold diggers.

b) i have written on here many times that money is one the reasons and a major reason for divorce.

Don’t lie. If in doubt, ask.

If you want a rationale debate, let’s continue. Else, please refrain from falsely accusing me of what i have not said.

Ummm....

What? Divorce rates are at an all-time high. There are many reasons for it, some of which may include incompatibility. The one major cause is finance where some women appear to be gold-diggers.

Your assumption about “women being gold diggers” being a common reason people get divorced holds no weight. Money is one of the common reasons people divorce, a gold digging partner isn’t. If you have anything to back up your gold digger divorce claims i’m sure people will be much happier to consider them, though it does seem to be another ill-willed assumption on your part. Making negative blanket statements about women is obviously going to piss people off.

Edit: @cherryred90s @Tiger Rag since he’s asked both of you for where he made comments claiming that gold diggers are a major cause of divorce, thought this might be of use.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by laurawatt
Women quite often do get paid less than men for the same job

I'm a bit curious of this, example? Preferably one that shows that women quite often (which I interpret as a medium to medium-large scale practice) get paid less than men? And everything between the subjects must be virtually identical (qualifications, hours worked..etc.)
(edited 6 years ago)
How can you call someone ignorant when you’re the one making up statements to support your own agenda?

So you are saying that there is no woman that is a gold digger? Or that no woman dates or marries a man on the sole reason because he is rich and hope to grab the wealth?
So you are saying that there is no woman that is a gold digger? Or that no woman dates or marries a man on the sole reason because he is rich and hope to grab the wealth?

A minority do. But I find it hard to believe that most do. Which is what you're implying here.
I think you are probably naive. Would a woman come out to state that the reason she married this bloke was to dig for gold?

or how about you don’t make claims that you can’t support? You don’t know the details of the finance troubles, you’re just making sexist assumptions.
or how about you don’t make claims that you can’t support? You don’t know the details of the finance troubles, you’re just making sexist assumptions.

Go back to read my comments and then come back to me. You seem a bit confused.
Go back to read my comments and then come back to me. You seem a bit confused.

All I’ve asked for is a source for the claim that you made.
Original post by Tiger Rag
A minority do. But I find it hard to believe that most do. Which is what you're implying here.

What??? Why are the women on this thread confusing my statements?

For the last time, i never stated nor did i imply that gold-digging was the major cause or determinant of divorce. I wrote on many occasions that financial problems was the major determinant and gold digging can be and in some cases is the root that causes financial problems which then leads to divorce. There are other roots that cause financial problems such as poor finance management skills, extravagant lifestyles, going in debts etc.

I know that you are upset because i have written posts that you fundamentally disagree with, but please don't allow emotion to cloud your judgement. Read my comments and debate from an objective viewpoint.

I am not anti-women or a woman hater, as it has been claimed before on this thread.
All I’ve asked for is a source for the claim that you made.

What source?

No. Im saying that you’ve made a bold and sexist statement that you have yet to support... all I am asking is how do you know the cause of the finance troubles when your sources don’t explicitly state them? Because it’s sounding like you’ve pulled it out of your arse
No, i did not say that. Why do people read my statements and make their own conclusions? You have falsely accused me of saying what i did not say.

I wrote that money problems is a major determinant for divorces and failed marriages. A cause of this is also that some women enter relationships on false pretence of love rather than the actual reason of gold digging.

Please quote me correctly. You would not be happy if i lied against you.

Also saying that black women do not care about money is a massive lie. Like the other guy wrote, many black women are left with struggling black men and settle for them. It does not mean that they dont care about money or would not marry up if given the chance.

I feel like you have said many different things lol. I thought you meant that gold-digging is the main reason for divorce, which is certainly not true lol. I did not say that BW did not care about money, the fact is you cannot say women are gold diggers if women, esp (black) women are marrying down, all the time. If that was the case, most bw would date out of their race.
Women are much more likely to lie about how much power they hold. They don't lie for themselves but because they have hard time relating to men and for biological reasons. In pre human tribal times most groups were made up of many women and one dominate man. So to gain an edge over the man, females in the group would stick together. This is the reason you see women fighting for female supremacy and not for gender equality. A small primitive part of the brain still makes tribal choices, ( and it's not just a female thing, sexes do it differently). This is the reason why if you have a problem is not worth talking to a women about ( unless it's your mother ) about your problems. Because no matter how much you try to explain women Can't empathize with a man they're biologically incapable of doing so. Even many of the answers I've seen women make on here seem to politically skirt the point in way that still benefits the women. Not that all women do this, but it's rare to find a girl that will think reasonable about gender issues.

http://newsroom.haas.berkeley.edu/when-women-are-more-likely-lie/ http://bigthink.com/risk-reason-and-reality/how-tribalism-overrules-reason-and-makes-risky-times-more-dangerous
(edited 6 years ago)
What source?

:facepalm:
Original post by cat_mac
Ummm....

Your assumption about “women being gold diggers” being a common reason people get divorced holds no weight. Money is one of the common reasons people divorce, a gold digging partner isn’t. If you have anything to back up your gold digger divorce claims i’m sure people will be much happier to consider them, though it does seem to be another ill-willed assumption on your part. Making negative blanket statements about women is obviously going to piss people off.

Edit: @cherryred90s @Tiger Rag since he’s asked both of you for where he made comments claiming that gold diggers are a major cause of divorce, thought this might be of use.

I don’t know why I bother with him
Geez, anyone who believes this obviously has never had any real experience with women and if this is your experience, you'd be better off looking inside yourself at what makes you attract such awful people. People look for themselves in others, after all... :wink:
Original post by Rottenapple12
...In pre human tribal times most groups were made up of many women and one dominate man...

What tribes existed before there were humans? Where do you get this stuff from? It certainly wasn't the article you provided a link to.
Original post by loveleest
I feel like you have said many different things lol. I thought you meant that gold-digging is the main reason for divorce, which is certainly not true lol. I did not say that BW did not care about money, the fact is you cannot say women are gold diggers if women, esp (black) women are marrying down, all the time. If that was the case, most bw would date out of their race.

I have been consistent with my points. Read my comments, if you don't understand then ask questions. You go to uni and should be adept in the skill of discussion and engagement. I hope you don't assume wrongly and write your assumptions as what your Professors have said during the public examinations.

To your point about black women, the other poster put it well. Many black women tend to stick to their race. Due to the slim pickings of eligible black men, most settle for not so great guys. This causes them to marry down. However, this does not mean that they don't like money, it means that they value racial propagation more than socio-economic conditions. That is they would rather want black children than marry a rich white or asian man.

The sad truth is that eligible real black men are scarce in the black community. When you take away those in jail, those doing drugs, in gangs or petty crime, then you remove the low-skilled ones, the philanderers, black women are faced with a massive shortage of successful black men.

Even then, some of the successful ones don't even marry these black women. They marry white, asian and latina women. Even Kanye West said it, “once he gets on, he will leave you for a white girl”.

So with all these obstacles and with a strong need to stay within their community, some black women have no choice but to marry down. Yet, with all this, it still does not eliminate the idea of them liking money, money is just secondary to the successful ones, who already have some of it.
I don’t know why I bother with him

Once you've taken sufficient opportunity to express and develop your views and any remaining entertainment value fades away there's not much reason. Such is the world of the internet forum. I'm watching x-files as I type this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending