The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

PGCE Offer Holders 18/19

Couldn't find a thread that had already been started for people with offers on PGCE courses. Give me a shout if you have an offer!

I've accepted my offer for Primary.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just accepted my offer for secondary maths! Are you living in?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaJHK
Just accepted my offer for secondary maths! Are you living in?

Congratulations! I'm probably going to live in private accommodation. Still waiting to hear back with further details and applying to colleges. By the looks of it they will be sending info out this month.
Hi! I’ve also accepted Primary, now trying to figure out what college I should apply to!
Reply 4
Original post by Megan.Rose95
Hi! I’ve also accepted Primary, now trying to figure out what college I should apply to!

Me too, I saw they sent an email out about applications. Are you applying for membership and accommodation, or just membership?
Original post by Hazel-Dawn
Me too, I saw they sent an email out about applications. Are you applying for membership and accommodation, or just membership?

I’m going to apply for accommodation and membership as I don’t know durham at all. Trying to narrow places down etc but it’s so hard when you have no idea!
Reply 6
I’m going to apply for accommodation and membership as I don’t know durham at all. Trying to narrow places down etc but it’s so hard when you have no idea!

I'm the same, I don't know it very well at all. I am in two minds, accommodation would make life easier, but I don't want to take the risk of getting somewhere far out or catered, as it wouldn't be very useful with being at school half of the time.
Hello! I'm starting my Secondary English PGCE in September. I live about half an hour away from Durham so I'm going to stay at home but I've just been accepted as a member of Castle!
Reply 8
Original post by GlamsterSarah
Hello! I'm starting my Secondary English PGCE in September. I live about half an hour away from Durham so I'm going to stay at home but I've just been accepted as a member of Castle!

Congrats! How long did you have to wait for them to get back to you?
Congrats! How long did you have to wait for them to get back to you?

Thank you! It was only a few days - I think I sent my preferences in last Thursday and maybe got the confirmation email on Tuesday? I'm not sure if it takes longer for accommodation applications though!
Reply 10
Thank you! It was only a few days - I think I sent my preferences in last Thursday and maybe got the confirmation email on Tuesday? I'm not sure if it takes longer for accommodation applications though!

That is quick, I remember reading it could be up to 4 weeks. I only submitted mine yesterday, so I'm sure I won't hear back until next week.

Have you been sent anything specific about the HASE yet? I accepted back in November so i've been itching to know more since then!
That is quick, I remember reading it could be up to 4 weeks. I only submitted mine yesterday, so I'm sure I won't hear back until next week.

Have you been sent anything specific about the HASE yet? I accepted back in November so i've been itching to know more since then!

Maybe an email with good news on Monday morning then? :smile: I don't know if this is reassuring or just really unhelpful but I haven't either! I hope that means we have to sort all that out nearer the time?
Reply 12
Maybe an email with good news on Monday morning then? :smile: I don't know if this is reassuring or just really unhelpful but I haven't either! I hope that means we have to sort all that out nearer the time?

It is reassuring, I keep feeling like I'm not receiving emails haha. I did ask a while ago and they said that information about HASE would be send out March/April. I assumed it would be around the same time as college apps, but we will probably have to wait a bit longer.
It is reassuring, I keep feeling like I'm not receiving emails haha. I did ask a while ago and they said that information about HASE would be send out March/April. I assumed it would be around the same time as college apps, but we will probably have to wait a bit longer.

I know what you mean! Especially having spent the last few months getting my application together, interview prepping, etc. and now ... the waiting game? I'll let you know if something happens!
Reply 14
Oh cool I'm in Castle too, good to know another secondary PGCE member :biggrin: I got confirmation of membership last week, but even though I've now paid my accommodation deposit they don't guarantee accommodation at the specific college until... some time later.

The primary school where I TA part time has said they'll take me for experience in the summer but not in September, so I hope we do hear about that soon!
I got a letter! It does just say that details will be 'provided by email' but even still! Has anybody else heard anything?
Reply 16
I got a letter! It does just say that details will be 'provided by email' but even still! Has anybody else heard anything?

I got the same and a DBS to fill out!
I’ve just had an email to say I’ve been accepted into Castle also! Have to wait to find out about accommodation though. Have already paid the deposit so hopefully it will be soon!
Reply 18
I’ve just had an email to say I’ve been accepted into Castle also! Have to wait to find out about accommodation though. Have already paid the deposit so hopefully it will be soon!

Congrats! Did you also get the email about the PSE and Facebook group for Primary?

It looks like the PSE is only 5 days and not 10 anymore!
Congrats! Did you also get the email about the PSE and Facebook group for Primary?

It looks like the PSE is only 5 days and not 10 anymore!

Yes, it’s a lot of information at once isn’t it! Don’t hear anything for ages and then get it all at once haha. I was looking at all the stuff last night, and yeah it is only 5 days! I wonder if that’s the difference between primary and secondary. It’s a lot of work to squeeze into so little time!

Quick Reply

Latest