The Student Room Group

Someone just told me I will not get into Cambridge .

It was a school trip , I was with this girl who is my “friend” - don’t really consider her a true friend but she is friends with benefits ya know we just hang around together because we don’t fit in well . This was a trip joined with 3 more schools. Everything was fine , she met another girl who shared lots of interest with her and she literally just left me out , everytime I’ll try and have a conversation with the girl she met she’ll interrupt me and say shush , you don’t get it , bye now I have a good friend . I was like wtf . One of he reason I hang out with her is because she apparently has all the mental illenesses known to man she is like “oh I have depression” or ohh I have social anxiety” or I’m slightly “autistic and “partially deaf” . I was so gullible until other people told me she is a compulsive liar but I don’t know why I keep hanging around with her , she bosses me around and calls me names which I don’t really like .

What was really angry is that we were given a talk , and I was talking about how I’m aiming for Cambridge then she plainly said you are not going to get in though , stop being delusional , you are not going to Cambridge . I was like petriefied when she said that , she knows how precious my dreams are to me and she also said it loudly . I replied by saying getting 3 U’s in your mocks ain’t going to get you to your university . After this it became hell. Journey back was just bad , everyone was having fun in the coach while I was there alone frickin revising chemistry because I did not have anything to do for 3 hour journey back to my city . ( btw if you saw someone revise during a trip would you think they are weird , I got weird looks but I just ignored it because I wasn’t going to spend 6hrs of a journey doing nothing useful)

That’s my story . :biggrin: hate me life rn hate Sixth form but love learning . I got 95% in my maths test again :smile: ( I know it’s random but literally grades are the only thing that keep me going if you exclude my beautiful family)

Scroll to see replies

I’ve put it in the wrong forum purposely because on my phone choosing eveyday issues causes the screen to freeze.
Just ignore and get rid of this 'friend'
Reply 3
not sure if you're trolling here but you can hardly blame her for that remark considering you got 3 U's in your mocks

what is the cambridge admission rate of applicants? something like 5%

With your past performance taken into consideration the chances of you getting into Cambridge are extremely remote.
but If you genuinely believe you can do it, don't let any naysayers get in your way. Prove them wrong....
Wait is she really an FWB? :s-smilie:
Original post by AzureCeleste
Just ignore and get rid of this 'friend'

I really try , but she is so good at manipulating you . For example , she’ll say something like accompany me to my technology classroom , I have social anxiety I don’t know what to say , either If I say no she will have a tantrum and tell everyone dramatically or make me feel more guilty , I have a very stupid innocent mind
Original post by ANM775
not sure if you're trolling here but you can hardly blame her for that remark considering you got 3 U's in your mocks

what is the cambridge admission rate of applicants? something like 5%

With your past performance taken into consideration the chances of you getting into Cambridge are extremely remote.
but If you genuinely believe you can do it, don't let any naysayers get in your way. Prove them wrong....

No she got 3 U’s
Reply 7
Original post by HelloImCool
No she got 3 U’s

Oh, ..well in that case don't let her discourage you

Part of it is probably her projecting..
Original post by johnny.snow
Wait is she really an FWB? :s-smilie:

Lol no as in we are friends when we don’t have anyone to hang around with , sorry for the trouble
Original post by ANM775
Oh, ..well in that case don't let her discourage you

Part of it is probably her projecting..

Thx
Sounds like a toxic influence who is projecting because she's failing A levels
Prove them wrong , honey !!
Reply 12
That's what we call a toxic friend, you need to completely get rid of her, better to be alone than have someone like that in your life.
Reply 13
It was a school trip , I was with this girl who is my “friend” - don’t really consider her a true friend but she is friends with benefits ya know we just hang around together because we don’t fit in well . This was a trip joined with 3 more schools. Everything was fine , she met another girl who shared lots of interest with her and she literally just left me out , everytime I’ll try and have a conversation with the girl she met she’ll interrupt me and say shush , you don’t get it , bye now I have a good friend . I was like wtf . One of he reason I hang out with her is because she apparently has all the mental illenesses known to man she is like “oh I have depression” or ohh I have social anxiety” or I’m slightly “autistic and “partially deaf” . I was so gullible until other people told me she is a compulsive liar but I don’t know why I keep hanging around with her , she bosses me around and calls me names which I don’t really like .

What was really angry is that we were given a talk , and I was talking about how I’m aiming for Cambridge then she plainly said you are not going to get in though , stop being delusional , you are not going to Cambridge . I was like petriefied when she said that , she knows how precious my dreams are to me and she also said it loudly . I replied by saying getting 3 U’s in your mocks ain’t going to get you to your university . After this it became hell. Journey back was just bad , everyone was having fun in the coach while I was there alone frickin revising chemistry because I did not have anything to do for 3 hour journey back to my city . ( btw if you saw someone revise during a trip would you think they are weird , I got weird looks but I just ignored it because I wasn’t going to spend 6hrs of a journey doing nothing useful)

That’s my story . :biggrin: hate me life rn hate Sixth form but love learning . I got 95% in my maths test again :smile: ( I know it’s random but literally grades are the only thing that keep me going if you exclude my beautiful family)

The triple-U girl is just trying to drag you down in self-esteem with her. Ignore her remarks or use it as motivation to work towards that goal and hopefully achieve it :smile:

Find this all a bit strange.

Just dump it or cool it with the girl.
Dont get into cripple fights.
Don't blab to people about your aspirations except the teachers, maybe parents etc, but keep or to yourself. Then you can avoid setting yourself up for a fall.

Just do well in your exams and work on preparing your application. School will be over soon enough.

If someone tells me something an I either dont respect them or don feel they have any expertise, then I am likely to ignore or just laugh at them.
Reply 15

Keep dreaming there brother. Anything can happen, but back up your dreams with hardwork. If you are getting U's then change that quickly otherwise Cambridge is a myth. As for this so called friend. Just don't speak to her
I really try , but she is so good at manipulating you . For example , she’ll say something like accompany me to my technology classroom , I have social anxiety I don’t know what to say , either If I say no she will have a tantrum and tell everyone dramatically or make me feel more guilty , I have a very stupid innocent mind

Say sorry no, I've got x to do. Like if she has a tantrum, let her have one. Everyone will understand she's being a drama queen and just needs to move on from it.
Original post by A.H365
Keep dreaming there brother. Anything can happen, but back up your dreams with hardwork. If you are getting U's then change that quickly otherwise Cambridge is a myth. As for this so called friend. Just don't speak to her

She got the Us not me .
honestly, i feel like at this stage in my life (applying for uni etc) and probably others' life, people are gonna get jealous, people are gonna make comments just to pull you down. Don't let this "friend" get to you like that. You have potential and at least you're trying to aim high.

Quick Reply

Latest