The Student Room Group

Someone just told me I will not get into Cambridge .

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
Original post by HelloImCool
She definitely ticks some boxes

It's not for you to diagnosis just get the hell out of there!

Here's some inspiration;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djEKllJJukk
(edited 6 years ago)
It was a school trip , I was with this girl who is my “friend” - don’t really consider her a true friend but she is friends with benefits ya know we just hang around together because we don’t fit in well . This was a trip joined with 3 more schools. Everything was fine , she met another girl who shared lots of interest with her and she literally just left me out , everytime I’ll try and have a conversation with the girl she met she’ll interrupt me and say shush , you don’t get it , bye now I have a good friend . I was like wtf . One of he reason I hang out with her is because she apparently has all the mental illenesses known to man she is like “oh I have depression” or ohh I have social anxiety” or I’m slightly “autistic and “partially deaf” . I was so gullible until other people told me she is a compulsive liar but I don’t know why I keep hanging around with her , she bosses me around and calls me names which I don’t really like .

What was really angry is that we were given a talk , and I was talking about how I’m aiming for Cambridge then she plainly said you are not going to get in though , stop being delusional , you are not going to Cambridge . I was like petriefied when she said that , she knows how precious my dreams are to me and she also said it loudly . I replied by saying getting 3 U’s in your mocks ain’t going to get you to your university . After this it became hell. Journey back was just bad , everyone was having fun in the coach while I was there alone frickin revising chemistry because I did not have anything to do for 3 hour journey back to my city . ( btw if you saw someone revise during a trip would you think they are weird , I got weird looks but I just ignored it because I wasn’t going to spend 6hrs of a journey doing nothing useful)

That’s my story . :biggrin: hate me life rn hate Sixth form but love learning . I got 95% in my maths test again :smile: ( I know it’s random but literally grades are the only thing that keep me going if you exclude my beautiful family)

It sounds like this was an attempt to cause you emotional harm, as opposed to useful feedback. There are lots of people out there like this...ironically they are doing themselves harm as well. They could use the energy that have to improve their own lives!

What is it that you would like to study at Cambridge?
It was a school trip , I was with this girl who is my “friend” - don’t really consider her a true friend but she is friends with benefits ya know we just hang around together because we don’t fit in well . This was a trip joined with 3 more schools. Everything was fine , she met another girl who shared lots of interest with her and she literally just left me out , everytime I’ll try and have a conversation with the girl she met she’ll interrupt me and say shush , you don’t get it , bye now I have a good friend . I was like wtf . One of he reason I hang out with her is because she apparently has all the mental illenesses known to man she is like “oh I have depression” or ohh I have social anxiety” or I’m slightly “autistic and “partially deaf” . I was so gullible until other people told me she is a compulsive liar but I don’t know why I keep hanging around with her , she bosses me around and calls me names which I don’t really like .

What was really angry is that we were given a talk , and I was talking about how I’m aiming for Cambridge then she plainly said you are not going to get in though , stop being delusional , you are not going to Cambridge . I was like petriefied when she said that , she knows how precious my dreams are to me and she also said it loudly . I replied by saying getting 3 U’s in your mocks ain’t going to get you to your university . After this it became hell. Journey back was just bad , everyone was having fun in the coach while I was there alone frickin revising chemistry because I did not have anything to do for 3 hour journey back to my city . ( btw if you saw someone revise during a trip would you think they are weird , I got weird looks but I just ignored it because I wasn’t going to spend 6hrs of a journey doing nothing useful)

That’s my story . :biggrin: hate me life rn hate Sixth form but love learning . I got 95% in my maths test again :smile: ( I know it’s random but literally grades are the only thing that keep me going if you exclude my beautiful family)

Ignore her and continue with your life. All the best, i hope you do go up to Cambridge.
Original post by Andymh
It's not for you to diagnosing just get the hell out of there!

Here's some inspiration;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djEKllJJukk

How on earth am I diagnosing , I just simply said she shows various traits , never said she has it .
(edited 6 years ago)
that girl is just insecure. only insecure people put others down.
Original post by Wired_1800
Ignore her and continue with your life. All the best, i hope you do go up to Cambridge.

I will even though we have the same lessons , siting next to each other :smile:
Original post by rickyrossman
that girl is just insecure. only insecure people put others down.

I hope this is the case , she did make me doubt myself a bit about whether I’m aiming too high since I come from a not so good Sixth form
Reply 28
How on earth am I diagnosing , I just simply said she shows various traits , never said she has it .

I wasn't being accusatory I was telling you to get out of the relationship instead of thinking whether she's that or not.

Quick Reply

Latest