The Student Room Group

How can I teach myself A level maths?

Could anyone recommend a textbook(s) that I can use to teach myself the complete syllabus for a level mathematics?

Also, what are gd resources (YouTube channels, websites...) I can use?
Exam solutions is perfect if you want to dive right in. Then, just keep practicing and make sure you understand the concepts.
What exam board are you with?? My maths teacher created a revision book with the basic and hardest practice questions in. He shows the workings on a YouTube channel he created for it.
Reply 3
Original post by Grizzelex
Exam solutions is perfect if you want to dive right in. Then, just keep practicing and make sure you understand the concepts.

Thanks bro, I’ll check it out🙏
Reply 4
Original post by kojoterrile
What exam board are you with?? My maths teacher created a revision book with the basic and hardest practice questions in. He shows the workings on a YouTube channel he created for it.

I haven’t decided yet but probably AQA or Edexcel, thanks.
Reply 5
Examsolutions.net (awesome videos)
Physicsandmathstutor (lots of past papers to practice+revision sheets)
Madasmaths (has a booklet of almost every topic and the questions in the booklet tend to go from easy to hard so it's helpful for practice)
Reply 6

I do AQA could you hook me up with those resources
Reply 7
Original post by Rarest
Examsolutions.net (awesome videos)
Physicsandmathstutor (lots of past papers to practice+revision sheets)
Madasmaths (has a booklet of almost every topic and the questions in the booklet tend to go from easy to hard so it's helpful for practice)

Thanks so much🙏
I’m on wjec. They are pretty much the same but you should check the topics. Yeah I’ve got them on a memory stick, how do you want me to get them to you? And which units?
I use examsolutions, and jack brown on YouTube.
maths and physics tutor has some good printables.
I also use cgp books.
Reply 10
I’m on wjec. They are pretty much the same but you should check the topics. Yeah I’ve got them on a memory stick, how do you want me to get them to you? And which units?

Dropbox?
Yh sounds good. How do you do it?
Reply 12
Original post by RuthieG101
I use examsolutions, and jack brown on YouTube.
maths and physics tutor has some good printables.
I also use cgp books.

Which specific CGP books do u use
Thanks
Original post by jahtzeh
Which specific CGP books do u use
Thanks

I'm aqa, and I have c1-c4, d1 and s1.
I'm self teaching too.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jahtzeh
Could anyone recommend a textbook(s) that I can use to teach myself the complete syllabus for a level mathematics?

Also, what are gd resources (YouTube channels, websites...) I can use?

I'm also planning to do A level maths self teaching.
are you in your first year

Quick Reply

Latest