The Student Room Group

GCSE RS quotes

@people who are doing/did gcse rs
when you're quoting scripture do u need to include exactly where its from? eg if ur quoting 'love your neighbour as yourself' do you have to say its from Mark 12:31 or is it fine to just say its from the Bible
It really depends on your exam board, so I would recommend asking your teacher.
Original post by suf1.
when you're quoting scripture do u need to include exactly where its from? eg if ur quoting 'love your neighbour as yourself' do you have to say its from Mark 12:31 or is it fine to just say its from the Bible

I'm doing Edexcel - However I think this applies to all exam boards, that numerical references are not required however I'm not sure about Chapters/Passages such as 'Mark' or 'Luke'. Someone please clarify
Original post by suf1.

I'd recommended remembering which book from the bible the verse is from and if you can which chapter. So for the verse you mentioned it'd be Mark 12. Just saying it's from the bible isn't enough, you need to show some ability to reference Christian teaching. I did that and I think it helped me get an A*.

Quick Reply

Latest