The Student Room Group

Call out to muslims...

What is your opinion of homosexuality???

Scroll to see replies

In my opinion tt's a personality quirk
Reply 2
Original post by nmudz_009

In a good way or bad way????
Original post by Anonymous
In a good way or bad way????

It’s not for me to say whether someone’s personality’s good or bad because that’s just who they are
Reply 4
It’s not for me to say whether someone’s personality’s good or bad because that’s just who they are

I am a gay muslim!!!

Well, your opinion is objectively wrong.
Original post by ugaaa5
Well, your opinion is objectively wrong.

expand...
I believe it's unnatural and I don't agree with it but I am talking about the concept of homosexuality. I have no problem with homosexuals themselves.
expand...

You only need to do a slight amount of research to realise that sexual orientation is not a "quirk"
By claiming it is, you are saying that they can potentially choose to be homosexual (NO) and that the trait can fade with time (Highly highly unlikely). It is not a personality "quirk".
It is insulting and based on no evidence.
There is evidence, however, that sexual orienation can RESULT from personality traits. That's an entirely different thing though.

Furthermore, if you are Muslim, I would like to ask you about your feelings about the compatibility of your permissive views with Islam etc.
I am a gay muslim!!!

I feel sorry that you felt the need to use the anon feature to say that. Some people truly are awful. (ie: those against gay people)
I believe it's unnatural and I don't agree with it but I am talking about the concept of homosexuality. I have no problem with homosexuals themselves.

And where do you place the boundary between "natural" and "unnatural"?
Islam is on to something with its attitude towards homsexulaty . Western liberals have become too permissive.
Reply 12
according to the Qur'an homosexuality is a sin but at the same time i think discriminating against gay ppl is wrong as well cos only God can judge
so yh i guess im neutral
In the Quran, it is seen as a sin and is disliked. I personally don't agree with homosexuality but that doesn't mean I would go around spreading hate, I would still talk to them and be friendly, in fact I have quite a few homosexual and even trans friends in college.

Spoiler

Original post by soIiIoquy
In the Quran, it is seen as a sin and is disliked. I personally don't agree with homosexuality but that doesn't mean I would go around spreading hate, I would still talk to them and be friendly, in fact I have quite a few homosexual and even trans friends in college.

Spoiler

Have you told those people your opinion?
I betta not get done by TSR for this. In Islam, homosexuality is wrong and is against the religion in some ways, which can make u no longer a muslim. Most gay muslim men commit zina or act in other ways to "express" their homosexuality, however it is up to Allah to judge. I am not pro or anti LGBT however the problem i have with queers is that they take advantage of their situation and commit sommat called sins which they prbs think they are excempt from.
Original post by ugaaa5
Have you told those people your opinion?

yes
we express our views freely.
Original post by soIiIoquy
yes
we express our views freely.

I find this extremely hard to believe. To disagree with homosexuality (this is a euphamistic opinion anyway) is to disagree with a homosexual person's existence. It is a zealotic point of view.
Original post by ugaaa5
I find this extremely hard to believe. To disagree with homosexuality (this is a euphamistic opinion anyway) is to disagree with a homosexual person's existence. It is a zealotic point of view.

You should know that some homosexuals are actually so kind-hearted and open-minded, they listen to my views and i listen to theirs.

and tbh I actually don't care whether you believe it or not.
You don’t need to know our opinion because our opinion should have no impact on your life ❤️ But I know that as a gay Muslim you may end feeling depressed and upset because you may feel alone 🌸 just remember Allah SWT and everything will sort out itself 💎 Personally I believe if you don’t act on your feelings then there isn’t a problem like dating or having a sexual relationship but I feel the same for the people who are not homosexual too as these are the basic teachings of Islam 💛 I ain’t going to tell you what is right or wrong as I’m not a perfect Muslim so it’ll be hypocritical of me but I pray that Allah SWT guides us all and shows us the right path 📿

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending