The Student Room Group

Call out to muslims...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soIiIoquy
You should know that some homosexuals are actually so kind-hearted and open-minded, they listen to my views and i listen to theirs.

and tbh I actually don't care whether you believe it or not.

:rofl3::rofl3:triggered dude got owneddddd
You should know that some homosexuals are actually so kind-hearted and open-minded, they listen to my views and i listen to theirs.

and tbh I actually don't care whether you believe it or not.

There is nothing good about listening to someone who disagrees with your entire existence for no reason besides "I am a muslim and believe in God".
Furthermore, that just makes me sad if this is true. They are kind-hearted enough to listen to your view (and still be friendly) and yet you disregard their sexuality in that manner.
Original post by Anonymous
I betta not get done by TSR for this. In Islam, homosexuality is wrong and is against the religion in some ways, which can make u no longer a muslim. Most gay muslim men commit zina or act in other ways to "express" their homosexuality, however it is up to Allah to judge. I am not pro or anti LGBT however the problem i have with queers is that they take advantage of their situation and commit sommat called sins which they prbs think they are excempt from.

I don't understand how you can possibly say that "it is up to Allah to judge" when your religion (and other religions) ask you to bestow judgement upon "evil-doers"; Homosexuality is punishable. To say such a thing is just a sign of spinelessness.

Why are you anonymising yourself?
Original post by ugaaa5
There is nothing good about listening to someone who disagrees with your entire existence for no reason besides "I am a muslim and believe in God".
Furthermore, that just makes me sad if this is true. They are kind-hearted enough to listen to your view (and still be friendly) and yet you disregard their sexuality in that manner.

And they also disagree with some things in my religion too and I'm still willing to listen. it's a 2 way thing.
:rofl3::rofl3:triggered dude got owneddddd

:smile:
What is your opinion of homosexuality???

My opinion on homosexuality is in line with the teachings of the Quran - it is quite clearly identified as a major sin. I feel that one cannot be a good Muslim and choose to live a homosexual lifestyle simultaneously. However, I don't feel anyone should be face abuse for making such choices, as we are all sinful. Having said that, I think that there should be some constraints on exposing young Muslims to LGBT rhetoric, as it can influence them to act in direct contradiction to the teachings of their religion.
And they also disagree with some things in my religion too and I'm still willing to listen. it's a 2 way thing.

While you disagree with their sexuality... (and probably many more things that they do)
It's not a two way thing quite clearly. That is heavily one-sided whether you believe it or not.
What is your opinion of homosexuality???

I’m Muslim and I’m straight. What do I think about homosexuality? Well, I think everyone is free to practice and live how they want to live, I wouldn’t discriminate or say anything nasty to someone because they simply don’t fit in my shoes. But I expect the same :wink:
im a bisexual muslim so ...
Original post by ugaaa5
While you disagree with their sexuality... (and probably many more things that they do)
It's not a two way thing quite clearly. That is heavily one-sided whether you believe it or not.

why are you making assumptions in brackets? what would you know?

Nothing.
Original post by ugaaa5

By claiming it is, you are saying that they can potentially choose to be homosexual.

No I’m not...

[QUOTE=ugaaa5;76526876

and that the trait can fade with time (Highly highly unlikely). It is not a personality "quirk".
It is insulting and based on no evidence.

I’ve got no hate for gays. I think sexual orientation is a lot more complicated than simply whether a person like girls or boys so if anybody at any time feels compelled to screw their own gender they have my blessing. There’s anecdotal evidence to suggest that people over time can change which gender they’d rather sleep with. The existence of a gay gene or gene is dubious as no genes or gene has been identified that through its mere presence consistently causes homosexuality

Original post by ugaaa5
There is evidence, however, that sexual orienation can RESULT from personality traits.

Indeed.

Original post by ugaaa5

Furthermore, if you are Muslim, I would like to ask you about your feelings about the compatibility of your permissive views with Islam etc.

Sorry what?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ugaaa5

I am also inclined to believe that their disagreement is much more heavily evidenced based than yours.
Original post by nmudz_009
No I’m not...

I’ve got no hate for gays. I think sexual orientation is a lot more complicated than simply whether a person like girls or boys so if anybody at any time feels compelled to screw their own gender they have my blessing. There’s anecdotal evidence to suggest that people over time can change which gender they’d rather sleep with.

Indeed.

Sorry what?

It's good to have this discussion. Thank you.
I mean, if you are a Muslim, how do you think that your views fit in with the more traditional view?
Does it matter if somebody you’ve never met, and are not likely to meet is gay?
why are you making assumptions in brackets? what would you know?

Nothing.

What would I know? I've read the whole Quran.
That's how much I would know. I am not uneducated on these matters which is why you are resorting to ad hominem.
Furthermore, it is very clearly not an assumption as I am commenting on the probability of something rather than presenting it as a certainty.
I don't care about what other people decide to do. Stop caring about what people think of you because they will always judge.
Original post by ugaaa5
What would I know? I've read the whole Quran.
That's how much I would know. I am not uneducated on these matters which is why you are resorting to ad hominem.
Furthermore, it is very clearly not an assumption as I am commenting on the probability of something rather than presenting it as a certainty.

Okay, whatever you say mate, im just expressing my own view and you are just one person who cant seem to understand that.

You believe what you wanna believe, and I'll believe what I wanna believe.
Okay, whatever you say mate, im just expressing my own view and you are just one person who cant seem to understand that.

You believe what you wanna believe, and I'll believe what I wanna believe.

Ignorance is bliss.
Original post by ugaaa5
Ignorance is bliss.

:smile:
Original post by ugaaa5
I don't understand how you can possibly say that "it is up to Allah to judge" when your religion (and other religions) ask you to bestow judgement upon "evil-doers"; Homosexuality is punishable. To say such a thing is just a sign of spinelessness.

Why are you anonymising yourself?

I know this isn’t directed at me but I just want to add a few things. What people don’t realise is that although it looks like a black and white situation it’s really not because to tell you the truth it is up to Allah SWT to judge as its nothing got to do with anyone else. If you hate on someone regardless if it’s because of their sexuality, their look or whatever that is ‘technically sinning to’ as your hating on someone when Islam promotes peace and love. Your words to someone could make or break them and Islam encourages us to support one another as were all part of one Ummah (community). In Islam were given free will and our decisions in this life will affect our next life but we have no right to say whether this person will go to heaven or hell, or whether this person will be forgiven or not etc. For instance, if your homosexual but follow Islam (Pray, Complete the 5 Pillars, Good Muslim etc) whereas a heterosexual says they are a Muslim but doesn’t follow Islam (Doesn’t Pray, Doesn’t complete the 5 Pillars, Not a Good Muslim etc) surely the heterosexual doesn’t have the right to judge as they aren’t perfect. It’s not as easy as people think it is and it is up to Allah SWT to decide because in this scenario the homosexual will be more likely to get Paradise in the next life then the heterosexual....

(I don’t know if any of that made sense :s-smilie: but I hope you get my point ❤️)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending