The Student Room Group

Call out to muslims...

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm a Muslim, and my religious status denotes my views on matters, not my heart/desires - the target for Muslims is to try to make your heart/desires in line with the deen.

So let's use this simple algorithm for simple cases: Matter? My View = Islamic Standpoint

Matter: Lying My View: Wrong = "And, do not cloak (and confuse) the truth with falsehood. Do not suppress the truth knowingly." (Quran 2:42)
Matter: Theft My View: Wrong = "And eat up not one another’s property unjustly (in any illegal way e.g. stealing, robbing, deceiving, etc.), nor give bribery to the rulers (judges before presenting your cases) that you may knowingly eat up a part of the property of others sinfully." (Quran 2:188)
Matter: Racism My View: Wrong = "O people, your Lord is one and your father Adam is one. There is no favor of an Arab over a foreigner, nor a foreigner over an Arab, and neither white skin over black skin, nor black skin over white skin, except by righteousness. Have I not delivered the message?" (Hadith - Saying of the Prophet Muhammed).
Matter: Homosexuality My View: Wrong = Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, “The thing I fear most for my people is what Lot’s people did.”
Matter: Would I enforce my views on someone else forcefully in a non-Islamic State like Britain? My View: Never = "O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you."

Edit: I'm no Scholar, for authentic Islamic Rulings, Naseehah (advice) and general assistance, I highly recommend referring your queries to Scholars of Islam e.g. Homosexuality - https://islamqa.info/en/10050.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TheEnchantress
I know this isn’t directed at me but I just want to add a few things. What people don’t realise is that although it looks like a black and white situation it’s really not because to tell you the truth it is up to Allah SWT to judge as its nothing got to do with anyone else. If you hate on someone regardless if it’s because of their sexuality, their look or whatever that is ‘technically sinning to’ as your hating on someone when Islam promotes peace and love. Your words to someone could make or break them and Islam encourages us to support one another as were all part of one Ummah (community). In Islam were given free will and our decisions in this life will affect our next life but we have no right to say whether this person will go to heaven or hell, or whether this person will be forgiven or not etc. For instance, if your homosexual but follow Islam (Pray, Complete the 5 Pillars, Good Muslim etc) whereas a heterosexual says they are a Muslim but doesn’t follow Islam (Doesn’t Pray, Doesn’t complete the 5 Pillars, Not a Good Muslim etc) surely the heterosexual doesn’t have the right to judge as they aren’t perfect. It’s not as easy as people think it is and it is up to Allah SWT to decide because in this scenario the homosexual will be more likely to get Paradise in the next life then the heterosexual....

(I don’t know if any of that made sense :s-smilie: but I hope you get my point ❤️)

No no, thank you. I really do understand this.
However, this is something I do not understand. Why would lack of belief in God/Allah cause you not to go to heaven? This is regarded as apostasy.
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't agree with it.
As Muslims we’re constantly taught to treat everyone as equals and to not be negative or prejudice towards people. Religion is, above all, supposed to teach tolerance towards everyone and for me this suggests that I should accept everyone for who they are. 🤷🏻*♀️☺️
I'm not a muslim but they hate homosexuality- I am not fully supportive of it but i don't agree with throwing people off multi story car parks for it.

48% of British muslims want homosexuality to be banned- Google it.
Original post by ugaaa5
No no, thank you. I really do understand this.
However, this is something I do not understand. Why would lack of belief in God/Allah cause you not to go to heaven?

I don’t really think it’s the fact that a lack of belief will cause you to not go to heaven but it’s more to the fact that if you don’t believe in God, you don’t really believe in the Heaven and Hell aspect (this is just an assumption and I find it quite interesting as I actually have never asked an Atheist if they do believe in Heaven and Hell 🤔: I could be completely wrong though). I believe if we’re talking in regards to Islam: if you follow your religion, be a good Muslim and a good human being in general your good deeds could outweigh all your sins.
(I feel like these topics are really sensitive in the fact that you have to be really knowledgeable and be correct as a lot of misinformation could be given. Sorry I’m also really bad at explaining my points 😳😂)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Stewpid
I'm not a muslim but they hate homosexuality- I am not fully supportive of it but i don't agree with throwing people off multi story car parks for it.

Actually it was 52%.
Original post by Andrew97
Actually it was 52%.

Maybe my memory is a bit faded!
I have an interesting input to this... I don't really care - this is it.

It is what it is, doesn't matter if I believe in it or not. It isn't harming me.
But then again... I have a gay Muslim sister.
It's clearly very different when you're in that situation, it's easy to say this and that but once it's your own then...

Do I believe it is sin against Islamic belief? Of course. Can I do anything? No. Does it hurt me? No. Is everyone equal? Yes.
Original post by ugaaa5
It's good to have this discussion. Thank you.
I mean, if you are a Muslim, how do you think that your views fit in with the more traditional view?

I know you wanted Muslim viewpoint, but honestly, my views on this aren’t coming from my religion. You can’t say that my views are “liberal” Islam as opposed to moderate or conservative Islam, they aren’t remotely Islamic. In a way, this is me trying to think for myself outside the Islamic viewpoint, based on what I’ve heard and read. I don’t even think Islam addresses gender “fluidity” as such.

Someone else can correct me on this, but as far as I know (which isn’t much, admittedly) Islamic texts don’t even touch the subject. It just says homosexuality is wrong and that’s the end of it. To me, that’s just not very interesting.
Original post by Stewpid
Maybe my memory is a bit faded!

Yep. https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/11/europe/britain-muslims-survey/index.html

That being said, this only makes up 2.08% of the population as a whole. So not very significant.
Original post by Stewpid

Yes, because we all believe that gays should be thrown off a roof... and we all source things from Google.

Of course. I mean, here's a suggestion - WHY not ASK A MUSLIM YOURSELF?
Original post by TheEnchantress
I don’t really think it’s the fact that a lack of belief will cause you to not go to heaven but it’s more to the fact that if you don’t believe in God, you don’t really believe in the Heaven and Hell aspect (this is just an assumption and I find it quite interesting as I actually have never asked an Atheist if they do believe in Heaven and Hell 🤔: I could be completely wrong though). I believe if we’re talking in regards to Islam: if you follow your religion, be a good Muslim and a good human being in general your good deeds could outweigh all your sins.
(I feel like these topics are really sensitive in the fact that you have to be really knowledgeable and be correct as a lot of misinformation could be given. Sorry I’m also really bad at explaining my points 😳😂)

I believe in God but NOT in a traditional sense because I regard it as a misunderstanding of the concept. And also, does lack of belief in Heaven or hell automatically relegate you to Hell/neither? And, if so, why?
Original post by ugaaa5
I believe in God but NOT in a traditional sense because I regard it as a misunderstanding of the concept. And also, does lack of belief in Heaven or hell automatically relegate you to Hell/neither? And, if so, why?

If I’m being truthful I don’t really have an answer to your question 💕 maybe someone more knowledgeable could answer it because I don’t want to give a stupid response on a topic I’ve never thought about until now and then for my comments to be associated with Islam, which commonly happens 🌸 Hope you understand x
Original post by RosieAppleLemon
Yes, because we all believe that gays should be thrown off a roof... and we all source things from Google.

I wouldn't give one my time of day- waste of breath.

In our area we have the Tipton Taliban and terror cells which are linked with Saltey in Birmingham.

I stated a poll showed that a great number of muslims oppose homosexuality and asked anyone who wanted the evidence to google it. Its not hard.

Its easy to lie to make your faith look good in public- I was corrected and the majority want Homosexuality banned in the UK. Take in account Sharia- the majority want Sharia courts to be soverign over the UK. If i was Prime minster I would close the doors and sterilise Male muslims that Kills that problem- but our far left mass immigration cultural enrichment apologist do-gooders. Islam is not compatible with western society,
Reply 55
Original post by RosieAppleLemon

No one here said all Muslims believe gays should be thrown off roofs, don't be dramatic. He accessed the survey through Google, yes, by that doesn't discredit what the survey contains unless you look at it yourself and see a fault in data collection. And me and many others would believe that a survey asking thousands of Muslims is more accurate to gauge a general opinion of British Muslims' on homosexuality, than asking one Muslim.
(edited 6 years ago)
Well , it's a very long and complicated issue but since you have asked .
It's an anomaly to be a homosexual it's something which we are not created to do .
Just ask your self a question , if it's their right to do what they feel like to do , don't you think sick people who like to have sex with kids are with the same needs .
I mean it's not normal for you to think about it but from his point of view it's totally normal .
I'm not saying that those sick people are healthy or normal , but when we start to follow each urge and every single thought we have , we would be doing very wrong things .
This topic isn't only rejected by Muslims , Cristians don't believe in it too .
We better think of it like we want to find if it's right or wrong , don't put religions into it .
Original post by Stewpid
I wouldn't give one my time of day- waste of breath.

In our area we have the Tipton Taliban and terror cells which are linked with Saltey in Birmingham.

I stated a poll showed that a great number of muslims oppose homosexuality and asked anyone who wanted the evidence to google it. Its not hard.

Its easy to lie to make your faith look good in public- I was corrected and the majority want Homosexuality banned in the UK. Take in account Sharia- the majority want Sharia courts to be soverign over the UK. If i was Prime minster I would close the doors and sterilise Male muslims that Kills that problem- but our far left mass immigration cultural enrichment apologist do-gooders. Islam is not compatible with western society,

Not quite a majority, but still a significant number. https://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2016/12/over-40-percent-of-uk-muslims-support-aspects-of-sharia-law

Although again I stress that this represents a minute proportion of the Uk population as a whole.
Original post by Andrew97
Not quite a majority, but still a significant number. https://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2016/12/over-40-percent-of-uk-muslims-support-aspects-of-sharia-law

Although again I stress that this represents a minute proportion of the Uk population as a whole.

Well in just over 50 years the muslim population went from 50,000 to 4,000,000 an increase of 80 fold- we need to do something before there is a muslim population of 30-40% they outbreed the English women.
Original post by k.n.h.
No one here said all Muslims believe gays should be thrown off roofs, don't be dramatic. He accessed the survey through Google, yes, by that doesn't discredit what the survey contains unless you look at it yourself and see a fault in data collection. And me and many others would believe that a survey asking thousands of Muslims is more accurate to gauge a general opinion of British Muslims' on homosexuality, than asking one Muslim.

He's the one being dramatic, thank you. I was speaking to him and not the whole of TSR or non-Muslims. Consider what you say.

Exactly - he supposedly did a survey (for what reason?) and he claims these are the responses. Ha. I am sure he had an option that said 'throw off a roof' to be box ticked.

I didn't say the survey was wrong - read again... And there are many implications to a survey i.e. did he ask extremists or the usual moderate Muslims?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending