The Student Room Group

GCSE Options - Please help me pick!

Hello, i would like to ask what subjects should i pick for GCSE? The subjects i wan't to pick are Music, Art, d&t. But i was wondering should i pick triple science if im in Middle Group for science and my predicted grade is 5 = C. Also i wan't become a doctor when im older would that be possible? Thanks,
If you want to become a doctor you need the sciences- at A-level you need biology and chemistry so you should be taking it at GCSE.
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
If you want to become a doctor you need the sciences- at A-level you need biology and chemistry so you should be taking it at GCSE.

What about a Nurse?
Original post by Limez
What about a Nurse?

I don't think it matters then.
Straight of the robert gordon university website:

GCE A Level: BCC to include English (or a written subject requiring the use of English). Maths and a science subject are required at GCSE grade C or above if not held at A Level.

This is what they require, and I looked at Dundee and it's similair
You don’t have to pick triple Science. Pick additional science. Gcse’s Don’t matter as much as you probably think... get good grades in maths and English as well as the sciences and you’re good. Pick subjects you enjoy; not ones that are hard and more “likely” to get you into medicine.
Work really hard you’ll get the grades! Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by AzureCeleste
I don't think it matters then.
Straight of the robert gordon university website:

GCE A Level: BCC to include English (or a written subject requiring the use of English). Maths and a science subject are required at GCSE grade C or above if not held at A Level.

This is what they require, and I looked at Dundee and it's similair

So i would need C level grades on Science , Maths , English to become a Nurse. After that i could move on to doctor
Original post by Limez
So i would need C level grades on Science , Maths , English to become a Nurse. After that i could move on to doctor

Yeah from what I understand.
I know more concerning medicine than nursing because I've applied for medicine
Reply 7
Original post by susielovesblue
You don’t have to pick triple Science. Pick additional science. Gcse’s Don’t matter as much as you probably think... get good grades in maths and English as well as the sciences and you’re good. Pick subjects you enjoy; not ones that are hard and more “likely” to get you into medicine.
Work really hard you’ll get the grades! Good luck!

My predicted grades on Maths and Science also English are 4-5 ) is it possible to get Nurse or Doctor job?
Original post by Limez
My predicted grades on Maths and Science also English are 4-5 ) is it possible to get Nurse or Doctor job?

Predicted grades don’t mean anything! My predictions were all B’s (I think that’s equivialnt to a 6?) but I got all A’s at GCsE so don’t let that stop you. YOU have to work hard ❤️ Put the work in you’ll get the results. You can defo become both if

Quick Reply

Latest