The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Accomodation: 38 vs 50 weeks

I started to research accommodation options and found out that the holidays and vacation schemes are very different from my country. If I plan on working while studying and staying on campus, should I take a longer contract (because while the university life is on a break, everybody else isn’t)? Do universities and companies/firms etc. in the UK have the same work and holiday plans?
Reply 1
Original post by Annassss
I started to research accommodation options and found out that the holidays and vacation schemes are very different from my country. If I plan on working while studying and staying on campus, should I take a longer contract (because while the university life is on a break, everybody else isn’t)? Do universities and companies/firms etc. in the UK have the same work and holiday plans?

Are you a postgraduate?

Undergrads would usually choose the shorter contract.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/apply/types-of-contracts-halls-and-rooms

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
Are you a postgraduate?

Undergrads would usually choose the shorter contract.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/apply/types-of-contracts-halls-and-rooms

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I am a postgraduate student. I wust want to know what would happen if I find a workplace and then will have to move out during holidays. Companies in the UK don't have the same amount and length of vacations, do they?
Reply 3
Yes, I am a postgraduate student. I wust want to know what would happen if I find a workplace and then will have to move out during holidays. Companies in the UK don't have the same amount and length of vacations, do they?

UK companies don't have set holidays, except for a few national days (known as bank holidays).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
UK companies don't have set holidays, except for a few national days (known as bank holidays).

Posted from TSR Mobile

So would you recommend getting a longer contract to stay on campus during uni holidays to continue with work?
Reply 5
So would you recommend getting a longer contract to stay on campus during uni holidays to continue with work?

If you are working in London, yes it's probably easiest to do that.

Read the info on the link I provided :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
[=Doonesbury;76530852]If you are working in London, yes it's probably easiest to do that.

Read the info on the link I provided :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending