The Student Room Group

RE- what’s the point

I don’t mean to offend anyone but personally I don’t see the point in RE. At my school we could pick 4 options and have 5 lesson over two weeks the same as RE, so why should we do RE when we could pick another GCSE subject. They should make it optional because no one likes it and people just mess around in my class. Obviously it’s still a GCSE so I’m going to try and get a pass but I’m not spending the same amount of time revising for RE than more important subjects.
What’s your opinions?
Original post by Lukem14
I don’t mean to offend anyone but personally I don’t see the point in RE. At my school we could pick 4 options and have 5 lesson over two weeks the same as RE, so why should we do RE when we could pick another GCSE subject. They should make it optional because no one likes it and people just mess around in my class. Obviously it’s still a GCSE so I’m going to try and get a pass but I’m not spending the same amount of time revising for RE than more important subjects.
What’s your opinions?

I am in TOTAL agreement with you. I don't care about RE either, it's such a waste of time.
Reply 2
Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDur
I am in TOTAL agreement with you. I don't care about RE either, it's such a waste of time.

Exactly, it should be optional and we should be able to chose another subject that can actually help in life!
there is no point lucky i dont do it anymore
Original post by Lukem14
Exactly, it should be optional and we should be able to chose another subject that can actually help in life!

Hell yes. In our school we have to take the classes but we don't have to take the exam so at least it's one less subject to revise. But half the class get sh*t grades on purpose in class tests so they get kicked out. The teacher figured out :frown: :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDur
Hell yes. In our school we have to take the classes but we don't have to take the exam so at least it's one less subject to revise. But half the class get sh*t grades on purpose in class tests so they get kicked out. The teacher figured out :frown: :frown:

I’m doing GCSE at a catholic school so we have to do an exam! :frown:
Original post by Lukem14
I’m doing GCSE at a catholic school so we have to do an exam! :frown:

Awww that sucks, I feel sorry for you
Reply 7
Original post by todger911
there is no point lucky i dont do it anymore

Lucky! I gotta do it for GCSE!

Quick Reply

Latest