The Student Room Group

motivation for revision

so im in yr11 and did pretty good in my gcse mocks, but now that the real thing is coming up and its mid march im just not motivated and haven't properly started revising. it would be pretty useful to get an idea of when some of u guys started revising and how u did. tips for motivation? thx
Reply 1
I am in Year 12 right now and you are going to be so happy if you’re in A Levels and you have good GCSEs under your belt. There are many oppurtunities out there especially in terms of University but the thing is, even if you don’t want to go, your GCSEs will give you the ability to choose what to do. You don’t want to be the one who didn’t even get into the A Levels they wanted. Plus, you never know what can happen. I’m applying to Oxbridge next year and you could do the same if you focus for only a month or two. Stay positive and try your best. This is the foundation for your life
i had a friend called jerry , he wanted to do medicine at uni , however he didn't revise for his maths gcse a whole lot because he got complacent and lazy , he ended up getting an E in maths and now his dream is more or less ****ed because he could not do the a-levels he wanted

his life is now miserable because instead of taking his 3 stem a-levels he is doing btec ict which he hates , he's on the verge of being kicked out of college because he doesn't show up to class and he's now become one of those people who drinks/smokes/takes drugs and rebels against authority

his life is now ****ed because of one subject , don't let this be you
Don't worry, I started revising a couple of weeks before my exams and the night before for some of them, passed them all and got majority As/A*s, GCSEs are a walk in the park you don't have to stress about revising yet, just wait for some time pressure to get you motivated
Original post by suf1.
so im in yr11 and did pretty good in my gcse mocks, but now that the real thing is coming up and its mid march im just not motivated and haven't properly started revising. it would be pretty useful to get an idea of when some of u guys started revising and how u did. tips for motivation? thx

Heyy if you don't feel motivated just think about your future, you've got to study now so that in the future you have more options, you can enjoy your life with a great job. When I was doing GCSEs last year, I started during february half term but starting in March is a really good time, you're never too late to start revising.
Reply 5
Original post by *Alisha*
Heyy if you don't feel motivated just think about your future, you've got to study now so that in the future you have more options, you can enjoy your life with a great job. When I was doing GCSEs last year, I started during february half term but starting in March is a really good time, you're never too late to start revising.

thx appreciate it

Quick Reply