The Student Room Group

Personality means nothing for attraction, only appearance matters - PROOF

Just watch "Dating in the Dark". A show where people "date" in pitch black and decide whether they like each other. Then if they do, their looks are finally revealed to each other.

The men (much less shallow) are more often willing to date the slightly less physically fortunate women.

But for the women there is NO compromise. Look good or go home. Personality means NOTHING. You can have the most amazing connection with a girl, but all their brains are wired to think about is your looks, and to an extent how popular/famous you are. They instantly reject men they had amazing connections with because he was ginger, or bald, or looked like Bob the Builder.

I believe this proves that for men, appearance is everything.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I wholeheartedly disagree
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
guessing OP cant get a lass
Well you'll be alright then
Original post by loveleest
I wholeheartedly disagree

Then watch the show and then try to give any other rational explanation. 99% of the women on there go in saying they care about personality, then leave saying they "didn't realize they were so shallow".

The ONLY thing women want is either good looks, or popularity within their social circle/fame.

They do not care if you are the coolest guy in the world. If they don't think you're hot you have zero % chance. Unless she herself is really bad looking and therefore "settling". But a woman will always only truly want an attractive man.
(edited 6 years ago)
OP is our version of Elliot Rodger. Truly horrifying.
Reply 7
"REEEEEE females"
Original post by RockyDennis
Then watch the show and then try to give any other rational explanation.

The ONLY thing women want is either good looks, or popularity within their social circle/fame.

They do not care if you are the coolest guy in the world. If they don't think you're hot you have zero % chance. Unless she herself is really bad looking and therefore "settling". But a woman will always only truly want an attractive man.

That could be said for guys too. But research has shown over and over again that men care about looks more than women
youre lacking in both so discussing it is a waste of your time. also, you’re wrong
It's difficult to generalise anything like this... but I see your point. I think guys have learned to be more understanding of women so they don't end up alone. They're ok with the imperfections.
Counterproof: if this was true I would absolutely never get laid.
It's the way the show is set.
For me I've only ever genuinely liked one guy, and it was for his personality. He looked fine, nothing wrong with him. However the looks took time to grow on me. Had it been a situation like that show, I'd be like love his personality, then see him and think no because the looks grow with time.

So I entirely disagree-also there is probably a certain 'type' of person that applies for that show so biased results in that aspect
Original post by loveleest
That could be said for guys too. But research has shown over and over again that men care about looks more than women

The show would lead you to believe otherwise. That's a "double blind" experiment right there hehe. And consistently the men are more likely to be willing to date a fat girl or whatever than vice versa.

What usually happens is, the guy is revealed, is ginger or something, then she goes back to the other girls going "omg he's so ugly" laughing about him then rejects him.
Original post by orderofthelotus
youre lacking in both so discussing it is a waste of your time. also, you’re wrong

Well yes I'm very very severely deformed so this show is upsetting to me. My personality is obviously stellar as every girl who sleeps with me wants to date me - except one time ONLY because I found her unattractive and couldn't perform for her, don't even know why I went home with her tbh I guess just drunkness. For me it's preferable if it wasn't all about the face.
(edited 6 years ago)
Not feeling the proof. More facts please.
The most attractive guy... with a sh1t personality, is an absolute no.
Well yes I'm very very severely deformed so this show is upsetting to me.

Lmfaooooo don’t try it

You’re pathetic
Yes but so is the guy with the greatest personality who is ugly. Lmao.
Well yes I'm very very severely deformed so this show is upsetting to me. My personality is obviously stellar as every girl who sleeps with me wants to date me - except one time ONLY because I found her unattractive and couldn't perform for her, don't even know why I went home with her tbh I guess just drunkness. For me it's preferable if it wasn't all about the face.

It's nowt to do with personality or beauty. Lasses just don't wanna shag a lad who's liable to steal her make-up.

Quick Reply

Latest