The Student Room Group

AS Level Media Studies Eduqas

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine was asking what it is like to study AS Level Media Studies with the Eduqas exam board (part of WJEC) ?
In the AS Year alone, how many papers are sat? What’s the content/ difficulty like and is there any written coursework involved?

Opinions on the new specification for Media Studies 2018 onwards would also be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance! 😊
I personally really enjoy it, some of the topics can be a little dull but that is with every subject. So far we have done advertising, music videos, newspapers and film. Moving onto coursework soon!
Thank you!

For the AS Level, is there no coursework? If there is, is it producing a music video etc or written assignment and the creative element is in A2?

Thanks 😊
Original post by Billy.Lewis16
Thank you!

For the AS Level, is there no coursework? If there is, is it producing a music video etc or written assignment and the creative element is in A2?

Thanks 😊

I think there is an option for either in the coursework and I think it’s up to the school when you do it. I think you have the option to do practical or just written. So you could either do it the first year or at the beginning of the second year. No problem 😊

Quick Reply

Latest