Original post by Neil deAss Tyson
I think OP might be serious religious people are actually that retarded

Nah. He’s retarded but not to this degree :colone:
from this I can tell you are trolling
As a scientist, I agree
:lol:
I believe in forced jokes and this is one of them
Wow XDDD
It has been proven, that in order for the human being to combat 'evil' for instance, or immoral behaviour, it is necessary to believe in an all powerful being, who is watching you. Its like a stop button we have to install from an external source.
[So what good are people like Fry, Hitchens, Dawkins doing? More harm than good. As they must know.]
It doesnt matter if you believe in a god or not, if you are capable of enough self control. Most people are incapable. And we always have been. The belief in god is a long evolved survival instinct.
[Its reckless behaviour and grandstanding not to include that in a debate about the existence of a deity. I.E. Trying to pull that very necessary rug from under humanities feet. Yet they do] I also know without watching one, there is no way that anyone can win a debate about the existence of a creator. [Doesnt stop plenty of people cashing in though]
There is no way to prove or disprove a creator. Its likely there never will be.
You just end up with zealots at either end of the scale...
When clinical pyscologists like Jordan Peterson say that you should live your life as though there were a god, regardless of belief, he's merely tapping into thousands of years of knowledge and wisdom gained. Which makes sense from a clinical pyscologists POV.

There is much beauty in religion and science and they are not incompatable, as the pre-existing question supposes.
Original post by orderofthelotus
Nah. He’s retarded but not to this degree :colone:

How do you know?
I don’t know what to say. You’ll be more mature one day
If you believe that the 'theory' presented by the bible where the world was created in 7 days through the hands of God, is more reasonable than theories presented by science, then so be it. But to then call the theory 'bs' and refer to all scientists as 'ugly', simply screams ignorance to me. Einstein got more female attention then you will ever get in your lifetime.
A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Scientific theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. Religion is not a theory as it is not testable through observation and experiment. Religion is entirely based on faith and there is zero evidence to prove Islam, Christianity and basically any other religion that exists is true. However, there are many different flaws and inconsistencies in the Bible and Quran that science has proved to be inaccurate.

Science has basically shaped the current interpretations of religion and 200 years ago your current interpretations would be counted as insane! Many religious people will claim anything that is inaccurate/inconsistent is only a metaphor and is not to be taken literally. If the whole book is full of metaphors then what is the point of even believing anything in it!
Wow, People taking this seriously.
I cannot tell if you are joking...
If you are then this is hilarious, but if you are being serious then you sound like a complete d***.
https://www.biography.com/news/einstein-love-life-wives-affairs-letters
Science and Religion are orthogonal subjects. Science has nothing to do with belief - it's a method of investigation based upon reliable observable evidence.

There's also a common misconception that scientific method is based upon absolute certainty, but that also isn't true because the only thing that is absolutely certain about absolute certainty is that there is no such thing as absolute certainty.

Scientific method is broadly about two things - firstly, explaining the world in such a way which fits with all of the currently available evidence up to a sufficient degree of certainty in order to be reliable, and secondly being able to dismiss any theory which either has insufficient reliable evidence to support it, or which would be contrary to any currently available reliable evidence.
Well, in that case, there is no hope of saving you from the deception that is religion.
the earth is flat... what about time zones then? how are different countries in different time zones?
Science has an agenda of genocide, but Religion doesn't?
Funniest joke I've ever heard.

Genocide and rape in the name of God are literally 'documented' in the book of fairy tales known as The Bible.
Lol, I swear you guys are all lost

There is no such thing as fact!
Nothing is known to be true, since the point at which one calls something a fact is subjunctive...

You have to know nothing, to know it all! :biggrin:
so day/night and light/dark does not exist?

Quick Reply

Latest