The Student Room Group

I'm stressing

Hi guys i am worried Im In Yr 11

I'm soo has at Maths I Think Im Going To Get A Grade 5 In the real thing Because Im Doing Foundation Because Im soo Bad At maths

I am expecting these grades for the rest of my subjects

English lang - 8
English lit -8
Biology - 8
Chemistry -8
Physics - 8
Geography -8
Graphics -A*
French - 7
Religious studies - 9
Punjabi - A*
Maths - 5 - lowest grade!!!

Makes me sad

I want to choose chemistry and biology and English lit for A levels but you need a grade 6 in math to choose chem and biology so you think they'd let me choose it if I get 8's in all sciences????

I want to go Oxford or Cambridge but I feel like that grade 5 in just going to ruin all my chances.

I'm actually stressing about this which do o have to be soo bad at maths. I feel so dumb!!!!
Original post by Anesha36617
Hi guys i am worried Im In Yr 11

I'm soo has at Maths I Think Im Going To Get A Grade 5 In the real thing Because Im Doing Foundation Because Im soo Bad At maths

I am expecting these grades for the rest of my subjects

English lang - 8
English lit -8
Biology - 8
Chemistry -8
Physics - 8
Geography -8
Graphics -A*
French - 7
Religious studies - 9
Punjabi - A*
Maths - 5 - lowest grade!!!

Makes me sad

I want to choose chemistry and biology and English lit for A levels but you need a grade 6 in math to choose chem and biology so you think they'd let me choose it if I get 8's in all sciences????

I want to go Oxford or Cambridge but I feel like that grade 5 in just going to ruin all my chances.

I'm actually stressing about this which do o have to be soo bad at maths. I feel so dumb!!!!

First off - keep working on your maths and stay positive, you never know when it's going to click.

In terms of A levels.. It's not a nice thing to hear, but science A levels tend to require decent maths ability for a reason, in that there is surprising amounts of maths involved. That being said, you might well be allowed to choose chemistry and biology, but just keep in mind that you might struggle with bits of it and need to work on maintaining motivation.

In terms of Oxbridge, one poor GCSE means very little in the grand scheme of things. They look at you as a whole, focussing on your personal statement and interview to assess your potentl
Original post by thesporkthief
First off - keep working on your maths and stay positive, you never know when it's going to click.

In terms of A levels.. It's not a nice thing to hear, but science A levels tend to require decent maths ability for a reason, in that there is surprising amounts of maths involved. That being said, you might well be allowed to choose chemistry and biology, but just keep in mind that you might struggle with bits of it and need to work on maintaining motivation.

In terms of Oxbridge, one poor GCSE means very little in the grand scheme of things. They look at you as a whole, focussing on your personal statement and interview to assess your potentl

Thank you soo much i needed that! It's not all over yet!

Quick Reply

Latest