The Student Room Group

ICT

Do you any of you how to do spreadsheets? I understand all the other practicals except spreadsheets. How do you know what formula to use, how to remember the formulas. Any tips and tricks. Thanks in advance!!
Original post by Dippy Jam
Do you any of you how to do spreadsheets? I understand all the other practicals except spreadsheets. How do you know what formula to use, how to remember the formulas. Any tips and tricks. Thanks in advance!!

A lot of the time with excel you can select the equation from a list and then it gives you prompts for the certain numbers/cells you need.

Have you looked around for different video tutorials or short online courses that would give you a better understanding? If not, I’d suggest you have a look, even if you just type in the formula you want to get better at.

Any problems with that let me know. Good luck :smile:
Here are the official Microsoft docs for excel formulas/functions with examples for each.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/excel-functions-alphabetical-b3944572-255d-4efb-bb96-c6d90033e188

There's not really any point in trying to memorise these functions or their syntax because you can just check the examples in the documentation. It's far more important that you understand how to use them and where they're appropriate to use.
Reply 3
t
Original post by brainzistheword
A lot of the time with excel you can select the equation from a list and then it gives you prompts for the certain numbers/cells you need.

Have you looked around for different video tutorials or short online courses that would give you a better understanding? If not, I’d suggest you have a look, even if you just type in the formula you want to get better at.

Any problems with that let me know. Good luck :smile:

Oh wow, I didn't even know you could do that in excel. I thought i had to memorize all the formulas. Thanks a lot.
Original post by Dippy Jam
t
Oh wow, I didn't even know you could do that in excel. I thought i had to memorize all the formulas. Thanks a lot.

No problem. Any problems let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest