The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Official Accommodation Thread

For anyone who has any questions or comments about city living, Oadby student village, buses, life in halls, housemates, homesickness, or anything at all.

Have a look at our accommodation site for more info, and our Flickr to see our rooms.

We will be replying to questions that we can help with!

[video="youtube;0nIDb-IMfZE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=0nIDb-IMfZE[/video]
Oadby Student Village from the air
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
I have an offer and I'm pretty sure I'll be choosing Leicester as my firm choice so I've been clicking around on the accommodation page but there don't seem to be any photos of the different room types, only a couple of the flats/study spaces. Is there anywhere where I could find photos?
Also, if I won't be able to make it to an Open/Applicant Day (I live abroad and have booked my tickets to the UK before I found the dates out) could I still book a tour/see the facilities and the accommodation?
Thanks!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by sigh1
Hi,
I have an offer and I'm pretty sure I'll be choosing Leicester as my firm choice so I've been clicking around on the accommodation page but there don't seem to be any photos of the different room types, only a couple of the flats/study spaces. Is there anywhere where I could find photos?
Also, if I won't be able to make it to an Open/Applicant Day (I live abroad and have booked my tickets to the UK before I found the dates out) could I still book a tour/see the facilities and the accommodation?
Thanks!

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer, and it's great that you're thinking of firming us! If you check out our Flickr, there are loads of photos which should help :smile:

Jai
Are Digby Hall and Beaumont Hall the same thing? The pictures on the flickr are the same.
Original post by miranda.lilian
Are Digby Hall and Beaumont Hall the same thing? The pictures on the flickr are the same.

Hi,

They are linked, so there are some photos of Digby on the Beaumont page. However they are different buildings, so each photo says whether it's specifically Digby or not :smile:

Hope this helps,
Jai
Reply 5
Hey, I've got an offer to study med at both Sheffield and Leicester but can't decide! Could you give me an insight into student life at Leicester including the pros and cons? Thanks
I've got an offer from Leicester but don't know how to go about applying for accommodation? Can anyone help? I'd ideally like to live in the City accommodation, Opal court I believe.
Original post by dtan
Hey, I've got an offer to study med at both Sheffield and Leicester but can't decide! Could you give me an insight into student life at Leicester including the pros and cons? Thanks

Hi there! You might find out Student Blogs helpful http://studentblogs.le.ac.uk/ Our student bloggers share all aspects of their university experience from their course to accommodation, exams to budgeting. Take a look! Let us know if we can do anything else.

-Vicky
Official Rep
Reply 8
Hi I've got Leicester as my insurance. Therefore if on results day I find out I'm going to Leicester, will I be randomly allocated accommodation which hasn't already been taken?
Original post by jasrachelgo
I've got an offer from Leicester but don't know how to go about applying for accommodation? Can anyone help? I'd ideally like to live in the City accommodation, Opal court I believe.

Hi there, sorry for the delay. If Leicester is your first choice, you can apply for accommodation now. Please visit rooms.le.ac.uk

Hope that helps

-Vicky
Official Rep
Original post by isty_123
Hi I've got Leicester as my insurance. Therefore if on results day I find out I'm going to Leicester, will I be randomly allocated accommodation which hasn't already been taken?

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer!

If you put the university as your insurance choice, you will not be able to apply for accommodation until it is confirmed that you will be coming to Leicester (this will be done on results day if you don't get into your firm choice). Once your place is confirmed the accommodation office will send you joining instructions by email.

Hope this helps,
Jai
Hi I applied for accommodation back in March and because I have a firmed unconditional offer I was told that I would find out my allocation within a few weeks, I emailed again and then I was told I would hear after Easter and now I still haven’t heard anything, I’m starting to worry that my application has been lost or something like that! When will I hear as I’d really like to get all my bedding etc. ASAP
Thank you
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by cweaver1999
Hi I applied for accommodation back in March and because I have a firmed unconditional offer I was told that I would find out my allocation within a few weeks, I emailed again and then I was told I would hear after Easter and now I still haven’t heard anything, I’m starting to worry that my application has been lost or something like that! When will I hear as I’d really like to get all my bedding etc. ASAP
Thank you

Hi there,

I've spoken to our accommodation office, and they've told me that the allocation process is still underway. Unfortunately I can't give you an exact date at this point but it will be soon - sorry about this! However I wouldn't worry about your application being lost :smile:

Best,
Jai

P.S. we do provide bedding, so there's no need to worry about this
Reply 13
I have a conditional offer but have met my conditions as I’ve already had the results of my Access course. I’ve only just applied for accommodation. Is it unlikely I’ll get my first choice, despite uni receiving my grades before A Level students?
Hi, I've got an unconditional offer from Leicester but have put Leicester as my insurance choice? Do I have to wait until results day before applying for accommodation?
hi how do I apply for a scholarship
Reply 16
I also applied in March with Leicester as my firm choice and still haven't heard anything. Has anyone gotten accommodation yet?
Original post by Shector
I have a conditional offer but have met my conditions as I’ve already had the results of my Access course. I’ve only just applied for accommodation. Is it unlikely I’ll get my first choice, despite uni receiving my grades before A Level students?

Hi,

Congratulations! RE accommodation, it's not unlikely, as you have already been able to confirm that you are coming to Leicester.

Jai :smile:
Original post by Nooglepop
Hi, I've got an unconditional offer from Leicester but have put Leicester as my insurance choice? Do I have to wait until results day before applying for accommodation?

Hi,

If you put the university as your insurance choice, you will not be able to apply for accommodation until it is confirmed that you will be coming to Leicester (this will be done on results day if you don't get into your firm choice). Once your place is confirmed the accommodation office will send you joining instructions by email.

Original post by NPostle
I also applied in March with Leicester as my firm choice and still haven't heard anything. Has anyone gotten accommodation yet?

Hi,

I've asked accommodation about this and unfortunately they can't give me a date yet for when people should know the results. They are working to sort this soon, however. Sorry about this!

Quick Reply