The Student Room Group

I don’t believe in science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baza2002
so day/night and light/dark does not exist?

Wait, you think that day and night determines time?
So depending on how light or dark it is outside, time should be changed?
Then if it was cloudy one day, then the time should sped up because it is further back in to last night, or forward in tomorrow night?

You got some plot holes there boi, fix up
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Wait, you think that day and night determines time?
So depending on how light or dark it is outside, time should be changed?
Then if it was cloudy one day, then the time should sped up because it is further back in to last night, or forward in tomorrow night?

You got some plot holes there boi, fix up

but the point is at night it is darker as the side of the planet you are on is not facing the sun
but the point is at night it is darker as the side of the planet you are on is not facing the sun

And how does that prove that time exists?
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
And how does that prove that time exists?

you know why. also another way that proves the orbit of the earth around the sun is climate change
you know why. also another way that proves the orbit of the earth around the sun is climate change

No, wtf....
You couldn't back up your point?
How does the earth being dark when it doesn't face the sun prove that time is not a social construct?
It's a simple question that you can say that you don't know the answer to rather than avoid it

Okay, how tf does climate change prove that the orbit of the earth around the sun?
I know the earth orbits around the sun, but that doesn't prove that there is such thing as time
Also, climate change does not prove that the earth orbits the sun
Even if the orbit around the earth is causing climate change apparently (You clearly haven't even done GCSE's), it doesn't answer the one simple question I asked, which I will repeat: How does the earth being dark when it doesn't face the sun prove that time is not a social construct?
Original post by Andrew97
Wow, People taking this seriously.

That's a peng dog.... :biggrin:
Original post by MediMate
A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Scientific theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. Religion is not a theory as it is not testable through observation and experiment. Religion is entirely based on faith and there is zero evidence to prove Islam, Christianity and basically any other religion that exists is true. However, there are many different flaws and inconsistencies in the Bible and Quran that science has proved to be inaccurate.

Science has basically shaped the current interpretations of religion and 200 years ago your current interpretations would be counted as insane! Many religious people will claim anything that is inaccurate/inconsistent is only a metaphor and is not to be taken literally. If the whole book is full of metaphors then what is the point of even believing anything in it!

Nice answer! I somewhat agree :biggrin:

The only reason I can't trust scientific theory alone is because, whilst it successfully tells us what there is in the universe and what occured, it can't tell us how things occured, nor can it give us a reason why they occured
I can choose whether or not I believe in gravity.

But at the end of the day, gravity sure does believe in me...
:rofl: I enjoyed this muchly. :yes:
whilst time is a social construct, it does prove that the earth is spherical, not flat; which wax the original question. climate change in the past however many million or billion years has been partly caused by milankovitcj cycles - it describes the orbit and tilt of the earth. the orbit of the earth around the sun is and always has been changing (very slowly though)
Original post by Neil deAss Tyson
How do you know?

He’s a regular, and I unfortunately spend enough time on TSR to know what he’s like
Thank you for this, I hadn't gotten my quota of keks for the day so this is a big boost.
You also forgot that evolution is obviously racist and sexist, my dude.
Science can not be proven, only disproven ~ A level biology teacher.
Reply 53
Don't believe in fear
****, got me there man.
Reply 55
Don't believe in faith
Original post by gjd800
Don't believe in faith

Don’t believe in anything that you can’t break.
Reply 57
Original post by cat_mac
Don’t believe in anything that you can’t break.

You're on form the past few days!
I think the reason people are calling OP is a troll is through mere bad wording. You can't not believe in science, since science = proven fact. I think what OP means is, he doesn't believe in the theories surrounding evolution. That's all evolution and the Big Bang theory are - they're just that. Theories. They're not a science, they're a hypothesis. Same reason I'm agnostic, is because I don't believe such things until they're proven.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I think the reason people are calling OP is a troll is through mere bad wording. You can't not believe in science, since science = proven fact. I think what OP means is, he doesn't believe in the theories surrounding evolution. That's all evolution and the Big Bang theory are - they're just that. Theories. They're not a science, they're a hypothesis. Same reason I'm agnostic, is because I don't believe such things until they're proven.

Seriously? He called all scientists ugly, said the world is flat, said his IQ is higher than Einstein and then said this

Quick Reply

Latest