The Student Room Group

primary school teacher with a D in gcse science

In gcse, i got an 8 in English and a 4 in Maths, however only got a D in Science. i would really like to go to university to become a qualified primary school teacher. Is this still possible, despite my D in Science?
According to the government website you require atleast a C to become a primary school teacher.

Here's the link; https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/primary-school-teacher

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by HSennett
According to the government website you require atleast a C to become a primary school teacher.

Here's the link; https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/primary-school-teacher

Hope this helps :smile:

Yes thank you, do you know of anyways this can be overcome? As i would really like to pursue this. Do you know if this also applies for Early Years teachers?
Reply 3
It can be overcome by resitting a GCSE Science subject
Original post by jadeolivia
Yes thank you, do you know of anyways this can be overcome? As i would really like to pursue this. Do you know if this also applies for Early Years teachers?

I don't know about Early Years but you could always redo the Science GCSE when you go colllege.
Reply 5
Original post by michpcx
I don't know about Early Years but you could always redo the Science GCSE when you go colllege.

Okay thankyou anyways, i am currently at sixth form and do not have the option to retake, so becoming a teacher would be out of the question?
Reply 6
Original post by Geek5
It can be overcome by resitting a GCSE Science subject

does this have to be a C in science overall? Or in just one science subject?
Okay thankyou anyways, i am currently at sixth form and do not have the option to retake, so becoming a teacher would be out of the question?

Problably not. You would need to find out if anywhere close to you, like college or something does re-takes for GCSE science and apply for it.

does this have to be a C in science overall? Or in just one science subject?

C overall from all 3 science subjects.
Reply 8
Original post by michpcx
Problably not. You would need to find out if anywhere close to you, like college or something does re-takes for GCSE science and apply for it.

C overall from all 3 science subjects.

Thankyou :smile:
Thankyou :smile:

No problem. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest