The Student Room Group

Science

Hey any tips on ways to revise for science? Everything is linked and I get that but there’s just so much to learn. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks ☺️
Reply 1
Original post by vicslanexx
Hey any tips on ways to revise for science? Everything is linked and I get that but there’s just so much to learn. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks ☺️

One thing I do is, is I think of a topic in my head and try and list or go through everything in my head that I know about that topic, later I check in my books or notes, what I had and what I forgot. I think it's a really quick and easy thing to do and you can do it at any time, for example travelling to school or walking from one class to another and times like that.
That isn't my main way to revise, I just think this is a good way of optimising the little bits of time where you don't quite have enough time or are not in a place where you can get a notebook and pen out.

I really hope this helps :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by KTLG116
What I do, is I think of a topic in my head and try and list or go through everything in my head that I know about that topic, later I check in my books or notes, what I had and what I forgot. I think it's a really quick and easy thing to do and you can do it at any time, for example travelling to school or walking from one class to another and times like that.
That isn't my main way to revise, I just think this is a good way of optimising the little bits of time where you don't quite have enough time or are not in a place where you can get a notebook and pen out.

I really hope this helps :smile:

Thank you! I will try this
Reply 3
Original post by vicslanexx
Thank you! I will try this

I hope it helps! :smile:
Reply 4
Lots of exercises. Just worked examples, then tonnes of exercises.
Basically what @KTLG116 said! That is good advice. Actually I recently read a blog about it. First you write everything you can remember without checking. Then you do it again with your notes and then again asking friends and teachers. But you write with different colours. A few days later you do the same thing again and you'll see that there will be much more written without notes! That's how you know you're learning. This is the blog: https://theeffortfuleducator.com/2017/09/14/color-coding-recall-attempts-to-assess-learning/

There is also a free website that does that for you, it's called Seneca Learning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending