The Student Room Group

do i stand a chance.

okay this seems really awkward to ask but since i'm such a shy person i don't really have the confidence to ask.

so there's this girl, i've known her for about a month now and our personalities just clicked. we share music all the time, and we love the same artists, and we've both shared really personal things which was a bit awkward for me but i really enjoyed getting to know her, she's always trying to call me and get me to go to concerts with her, and she's genuinely a beautiful girl like i believe she's way out of my league which makes me pretty sad but i know she's a really nice person, she isn't judgemental but i'm afraid ill mess something up. we love the same shows, we both have anxiety but mine is a little worse, she's really popular and i just don't know why she's shown so much interest.

in addition, she calls my instagram photos really cute and she said i was super attractive, we talk like we're more than friends, she always adds kisses to the end of her texts and i'm just bad at understanding peoples feelings. i dont wanna have the wrong end of the stick but i know for a fact i'm a really genuine guy, i'm not a ****boy too shy for that lol. i think i love her. i think about her so much and stay up and talk at night until stupid times like 4am.

do you think i have a chance of being in a relationship with her? she's showing alot of interest and i really hope someone can help me out :smile:

HOLY **** GUYS THANKS SO MUCH WE WERE ON TJE PHONE AND IT JUST FELT SO RIGHT, I TOLD HER HOW I FELT AND SHE FEELS TJE SAME AHHH IM SO HAPPY AND RELIEVED
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
oh and she also just asked me to come cuddle with her lmao
Reply 2
What's holding you back..
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek

lack of confidence and fear on rejection
She likes you; that or she's playing with you.
Reply 5
Original post by sushitrash(
lack of confidence and fear on rejection

Fair point. But carpe diem.
Original post by Zarek

😂😂😂
Original post by Zarek
Fair point. But carpe diem.

Carpe diem is my life motto lmao
okay this seems really awkward to ask but since i'm such a shy person i don't really have the confidence to ask.

so there's this girl, i've known her for about a month now and our personalities just clicked. we share music all the time, and we love the same artists, and we've both shared really personal things which was a bit awkward for me but i really enjoyed getting to know her, she's always trying to call me and get me to go to concerts with her, and she's genuinely a beautiful girl like i believe she's way out of my league which makes me pretty sad but i know she's a really nice person, she isn't judgemental but i'm afraid ill mess something up. we love the same shows, we both have anxiety but mine is a little worse, she's really popular and i just don't know why she's shown so much interest.

in addition, she calls my instagram photos really cute and she said i was super attractive, we talk like we're more than friends, she always adds kisses to the end of her texts and i'm just bad at understanding peoples feelings. i dont wanna have the wrong end of the stick but i know for a fact i'm a really genuine guy, i'm not a ****boy too shy for that lol. i think i love her. i think about her so much and stay up and talk at night until stupid times like 4am.

do you think i have a chance of being in a relationship with her? she's showing alot of interest and i really hope someone can help me out :smile:

I say go for it. If you get rejected (which I’m sure you won’t) then that’s just life. Also experience.
Like some other have said, SEIZE THE EFFIN DAY!

For all you may know, she could be putting all her effort in to get you attracted to her and if you carry on like this, it is likely that she may lose interest and just move on....we all know that it's not nice when the person you like/love talks about other people of the opposite sex in front of you.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR EFFIN WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY!

Edit: Learnt it the hard way :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
yeah that's some pretty solid advice, we're going to a gig together in a week, i'll grow some balls and do it in person, get her some flowers or something. i really like her and i just dont wanna **** things up when i could be really happy with her, talking to her makes all of the **** in my life go away, like i dunno it's pretty weird to admit because i'm a guy but i always had feelings for her. again though cheers for the advice! appreciate that u took the time to read it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Just go for it otherwise you gonna be wondering what if
I’ve never had a girl ask me to cuddle her who wasn’t either interested in me sexually or was already my girlfriend, is this what the kids do these days?

I want to say sounds like she’s interested but no doubt some fruit loop will come on and tell me she cuddles all her male friends all the time and there’s nothing sexual about it so f*** it good luck pal.

Just ask her out. If you are not confident enough, maybe do it by text?
Go for it!
just go with your instinct, definitely don’t ask most people on here for advice lmao
Original post by BrodoFraggins
I’ve never had a girl ask me to cuddle her who wasn’t either interested in me sexually or was already my girlfriend, is this what the kids do these days?

I want to say sounds like she’s interested but no doubt some fruit loop will come on and tell me she cuddles all her male friends all the time and there’s nothing sexual about it so f*** it good luck pal.

we dont have a sexual relationship or anything, she said it was cold and she wanted a hug lol there was no sexual tension but i dunno if there was any intention behind it, but cheers mate appreciate it also she's 18 so i don't really know what kids do aha
(edited 6 years ago)
we dont have a sexual relationship or anything, she said it was cold and she wanted a hug lol there was no sexual tension but i dunno if there was any intention behind it, but cheers mate appreciate it also she's 18 so i don't really know what kids do aha

The hug was probably a good opportunity to test the waters a bit to see if she wanted more, like I said I’ve never known a girl ask me for a cuddle who didn’t have romantic intentions but without proper context I could never say for definite in your case obviously.

Part of me thinks the ‘cold’ reason was just an excuse to get you close to her and it was her way of making the first move hoping you’d do the rest. Is she very touchy feely with other people?
Original post by BrodoFraggins
The hug was probably a good opportunity to test the waters a bit to see if she wanted more, like I said I’ve never known a girl ask me for a cuddle who didn’t have romantic intentions but without proper context I could never say for definite in your case obviously.

Part of me thinks the ‘cold’ reason was just an excuse to get you close to her and it was her way of making the first move hoping you’d do the rest. Is she very touchy feely with other people?

nah, i've known her for a long ass time because we were always close in highschool, but things changed when college started like she started flirting with me alot more and asking if she could come to my house and vice versa, she's sweet and she has morals, she also has the looks and that's why she's popular, she dated one guy in highschool, which didn't last long because he moved away. she is one of the few people i can look at and tell she's genuine, we just hit a point where nobody else was showing interest in us so we talked into things deeper and really connected in a way i didn't believe we could. her friend always pushes me to speak to her more and go on a few dates because we're a great match or something, I do make moves like I'm not always just letting her say this stuff. she's too shy for sleeping around which is quite relatable lol. cheers tho pal, i thought the same but some girls play about with the feelings to seem more attractive and then dig themselves into situations where they have to hurt the guy, and I just didn't wanna get hurt. I'm gonna just confess my feelings at the right time.
Just be careful in these situations;

Do not go full out if you know what I mean just be subtle but obvious, maybe if you do end up cuddling with her use it as an opportunity to kiss her or something.

It is a weird thing but for some in some cases if you do go all out you might end up in the friendzone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending