The Student Room Group

Finding a boyfriend in 2018

So one of my goals for this year was to find someone. I still haven't found a guy. What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

1) feel no pressure to look a certain way
2) don't fall for anyone who only cares about your looks
Definitely don't ask anyone on here.
Original post by Anonymous
So one of my goals for this year was to find someone. I still haven't found a guy. What do I do?

It’s only March, get out there and enjoy the single life. Guys like a girl who enjoys herself without needing others to do it for her :P
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
1) feel no pressure to look a certain way
2) don't fall for anyone who only cares about your looks

Yes! In the beginning I was willing to go out with guys that I wasn't really attracted to so I can at least tick off my goal, but I've changed my mind.
From the past comments I've read which were made in similar threads, you tend to find someone when you're not actively looking for them.
Reply 6
Original post by getmeoffmyphone
It’s only March, get out there and enjoy the single life. Guys like a girl who enjoys herself without needing others to do it for her :P

Lol I've been enjoying it for a long time now.

Original post by JDieMstr
From the past comments I've read which were made in similar threads, you tend to find someone when you're not actively looking for them.

That's so true. Now that I'm actively looking for someone there's no one around. Ergh
Original post by JDieMstr

@Less(e/o)n :3
Original post by getmeoffmyphone

Indeed.
Reply 9

Take Fasih's number

and if you reach December 31st and still no joy then bite the bullet and use it..........
Original post by ANM775
Take Fasih's number

and if you reach December 31st and still no joy then bite the bullet and use it..........

It's fine, I'll just stay single for the rest of my life :biggrin::biggrin:
Maybe consider going to places that guys go to, for example: Gym, Clubs or Societies, etc.
Follow your interests and hobbies, and find guys through something you enjoy.
What are your top 5 hobbies?
I want a bf. 😞
Original post by ANM775
Take Fasih's number

Ayyy that’s a good one. 😉
Hit me up bby

Don’t date someone with a ridiculous Snapchat score or anyone who is always on social media
Original post by Adz2042
Maybe consider going to places that guys go to, for example: Gym, Clubs or Societies, etc.
Follow your interests and hobbies, and find guys through something you enjoy.
What are your top 5 hobbies?

Actually there is a guy in the gym that I'm interested in. Trying to slowly talk to him but he probably gets a lot of girls talking to him since he works there but I'm not sure. We'll see I guess.

Original post by Shish_bish
Don’t date someone with a ridiculous Snapchat score or anyone who is always on social media

Lool but how are they supposed to have a high score if they don't use a lot of social media?
Tinder
Original post by johnny.snow
Tinder

No, no, no, not talking to anyone online anymore. I always attract weirdos who look normal.
No, no, no, not talking to anyone online anymore. I always attract weirdos who look normal.

Go out and meet more people (I don't know how old you are but clubs/societies are a great way to do this)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending