The Student Room Group

Trump meeting Kim Jong Uns

Scroll to see replies

That's actually one of thier fair critiques of Corbyn though. But it's lost in all the hyperbole and bad faith arguing. Like with Nick Cohen and his latest outburst accusing the (female) front runner to be general sectetery of only being there becuase she slept with someone high up in labour.

ALso managed to write a whole article about how unions are **** whilst ignoring the strikes in higher education right now.

What does he want? Is he a syndacalist now or something? I can gaurantee he would be whining if unions had the power they had in the 70s. He's obsessed with the left being ran by lenninist strongmen.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That's actually one of thier fair critiques of Corbyn though. But it's lost in all the hyperbole and bad faith arguing. Like with Nick Cohen and his latest outburst accusing the (female) front runner to be general sectetery of only being there becuase she slept with someone high up in labour.

ALso managed to write a whole article about how unions are **** whilst ignoring the strikes in higher education right now.

What does he want? Is he a syndacalist now or something? I can gaurantee he would be whining if unions had the power they had in the 70s. He's obsessed with the left being ran by lenninist strongmen.

Meh. I like Cohen and Hodges although I disagree with them and find their tears hilarious at times.

Don’t think Cohen was criticising Unions per se but just how overtly politicised they are. Which is an entirely reasonable liberal position.

As per the Union ladys last rendezvous with Len Mcluskey. Hmm, well it probably didn’t hurt things did it? There’s probably a similar relationship with Corbyn and Abbot. Also see his point about Corbyn junior being employed by McDonnel.

Which I don’t have a problem with- this sort of thing being entirely natural and normal (provided it isn’t excessive)- apart from when the far left make the argument that they are pure against that sort of thing when clearly engaging in that sort of nepotism, it reminds me of the Ukip strategy (which still Irritates me) where they are immune to criticism because of Media Bias/ they’re a new party/ everyone else does it anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending