The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

A*ac = aab?

Hi I received an offer for comp sci. I need to achieve AAB but if I get A*AC on results day would Warwick still accept me? I am sure I will get A* in maths and A physics but a C in art is likely.
Original post by Jzyk
Hi I received an offer for comp sci. I need to achieve AAB but if I get A*AC on results day would Warwick still accept me? I am sure I will get A* in maths and A physics but a C in art is likely.

They may do, yeah. Technically speaking you’ve not met the offer, even if you got A*A*C they could reject you. But, physics and maths are more relevant for your degree than art so there’s every chance they will still accept you - Just no initial guarantees.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Jzyk

It's not the same at all; they want to see you can consistently achieve the standards they want across all your subjects. If you get A*AC then you will not have met the actual conditions of your offer. If they would be willing to accept A*AC they would have stated it as an alternative in your offer. Some lower rank universities may be willing to accept things like this and let people in anyway, but not usually a university like Warwick.
(edited 6 years ago)
From https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/dcs/admissions/undergraduate/faq/

You made me an offer of ABB, and I got AAC in the A-levels; have I met your offer?

Unfortunately not, our offers are based on specific grades, not on "point scores".

They may still take you anyway, however they do not have to as you haven't met the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest