The Student Room Group

Your controversial book opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DarkIronsBarzakh
Sex scenes in books is one of the worst experiances possible no matter the author. It is always best with a conformation they did it rather than descirbing and getting full on iwth it.

I have to disagree with you there, I think sex scenes in books can be way hotter than sex scenes on film a lot of the time, if it's written well
Original post by solw
I have to disagree with you there, I think sex scenes in books can be way hotter than sex scenes on film a lot of the time, if it's written well

Which books would you say do it well?
Reply 22
Which books would you say do it well?

Haruki Murakami is an author that jumps to mind right now; he's a very sensual writer and can write a good sex scene, his books actually often feature a lot of sex
Sex scenes in books is one of the worst experiances possible no matter the author. It is always best with a conformation they did it rather than descirbing and getting full on iwth it.

I’d have to agree with you for the most part. Take, for example, Morrissey’s wonderful sex scene from List of the Lost:

At this, Eliza and Ezra rolled together into the one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and pulled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone.”
Reply 24
Original post by seawaif
I’d have to agree with you for the most part. Take, for example, Morrissey’s wonderful sex scene from List of the Lost:

At this, Eliza and Ezra rolled together into the one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and pulled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone.”

😂 barrel rolling breasts.... Wow
come on though, that Morrissey novel was universally mocked, you can't use that as the lone example to represent sex in literature
Reply 25
1984 & Brave New World, whilst immensely influential and have very eminent underlying allegories, are boring reads - mostly due to the bleak matter-of-fact style in which they write. I understand their reasoning behind it, to depersonalise the language and whatever, but it doesn't make them interesting to read. I had to gruel through 1984 to finish it, plus the whole section on Goldstein was just so boring, Orwell really couldn't find a better way to communicate his political views? Brave New World was somewhat okay, but I still found myself forcing myself to read the book, and I hate forcing myself to read.
Original post by solw
😂 barrel rolling breasts.... Wow
come on though, that Morrissey novel was universally mocked, you can't use that as the lone example to represent sex in literature

You’re right, I was just being cheeky 😉 I do think sex scenes can be quite effective, especially in Murakami’s as you mentioned above.

If I ever out my pen name on here don't read any of my books. :tongue:

I tend to get annoyed when authors skip over the actual act. I feel sex scenes, when written well, really tell a lot about the characters.
Idk may be the books I'm read g atm but they seem dramatised and more clinical than actual

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending