The Student Room Group

I need absolute urgent held/advice

I applied for new job and got it, everything went well however they asked me to do a DBS check and its come back with a ****ing old stupid ****ing thing on that happened ****ing years ago wtf is this legal? It has that I served a custodial sentence of 16 weeks on the ****ing form which I cant understand as I was 16/17 at the time and it was young affenders institute not real adult prison so wtf is going on, wtf am I meant to say to the emoloyer now!?
for what :3
Original post by recklessabandon
for what :3

Burglary, theres no way I can talk my way out of it.. it sucks because I didnt actually burgal anything; I was just the lookout.. shouldnt have even served a day.
when you reach your 18th birthday pretty sure the wipe your record?
Original post by recklessabandon
when you reach your 18th birthday pretty sure the wipe your record?
evidentally not true..
if worse comes to worst just set up your own company
It doesn't matter whether it is wiped from your record or not. A DBS check shows any spent or unspent convictions, as well as final warnings and reprimands. And that's just a standard DBS check. Enhanced ones show any info the police has that is relevant to the job you're applying for. Enhanced and barring checks also show if your on the list of people barred from having that job role.

I know someone who has to have a enhanced check. She knew when applying for the job, so when she had her interview, she warned them that a conviction may come up. She wanted to be honest with them, show them she said nothing to hide, and also, if it was a problem, save them all some time. They took her in for a separate interview about the matter where she got to explain it all. In fairness, she was wrongly convicted, and they saw that and employed her anyway. --- But the good thing is she told them before the check. She too, thought it wouldn't come up from being so long, but people she knew who worked there advised her to tell them anyway because they know that **** brings up anything and everything.

It varies from employer to employer what they do regarding this. But it may not be game over.
That you made a mistake, your served your time and now are a reformed person and need a job to carry on being normal.

Quick Reply