The Student Room Group

Teacher is making me miserable

Basically my geography teacher wears his ass as a hat. Everything I do I class he tells me "I could do better" and that "I could try harder" now I would agree with him, except I got an A* in every mock exam he's ever given us. The man literally sent home a letter telling my parents "I am disappointed with (my name) mock result and she could do better with my after school revision and that I believe she could work harder" - I got an A* in that mock. He walks into class every day and tells us how his son who is the same age is doing so much better than we are and that "geography is easy, why is it difficult?" when he teaches and lives off a textbook and explains things at the speed of an Eminem rap. We've tried telling him this nicely but he gets defensive and angry with us. I honestly hate geography and break down every time I try and revise.
Looks like you're lying....
Original post by SkrillerFanatic
Looks like you're lying....

ngl, I kinda agree

But still, show your parents your mock papers, and they can't say anything
Show your papers to your teacher and ask wtf is above A*?
Original post by neluxsan
ngl, I kinda agree

But still, show your parents your mock papers, and they can't say anything
Show your papers to your teacher and ask wtf is above A*?

Lol, when I did my GCSEs the maximum grade was an A*, as the current grading system didn't exist before. But I'm guessing that OP's having issues with his/her teacher because he/she isn't getting that A** (Grade 9).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Basically my geography teacher wears his ass as a hat. Everything I do I class he tells me "I could do better" and that "I could try harder" now I would agree with him, except I got an A* in every mock exam he's ever given us. The man literally sent home a letter telling my parents "I am disappointed with (my name) mock result and she could do better with my after school revision and that I believe she could work harder" - I got an A* in that mock. He walks into class every day and tells us how his son who is the same age is doing so much better than we are and that "geography is easy, why is it difficult?" when he teaches and lives off a textbook and explains things at the speed of an Eminem rap. We've tried telling him this nicely but he gets defensive and angry with us. I honestly hate geography and break down every time I try and revise.

You sound like my sister, similar scenario.
"explains things at the speed of an Eminem rap", made me chuckle...
Don't hate the subject due to the teacher, you need to make sure you consider your options reasonably and in an unbiased manner.
He might be jealous of your achievements and therefore critics you harshly or he is just a very negative, miserable guy and doesn't enjoy his job very much. I had a similar issue with a teacher who hated me because I didn't follow his "template" and I had my own ways, he predicted me to do badly in the exam and chuckled at the thought of me getting into a good uni. I ended up at the LSE, so see him as an obstacle and don't let him be the limiter to your success.
Lol, when I did my GCSEs the maximum grade was an A*, as the current grading system didn't exist before. But I'm guessing that OP's having issues with his/her teacher because he/she isn't getting that A** (Grade 9).

Still that's not a bad grade. A* is good enough. That teacher is just miserable guy.
Could you talk to someone above him and ask for advice?
Still that's not a bad grade. A* is good enough. That teacher is just miserable guy.

Of course an A* is a really good grade, but we're not talking about a normal teacher here.
Of course an A* is a really good grade, but we're not talking about a normal teacher here.

That's true.
Personally, I wouldn't really listen to a teacher like this.
Reply 9
I'm still doing the old spec so U-A*. Honestly I wish I was joking but it's really that bad. Other people in the class are having issues with him as well (other good students who never have issues with staff). I just don't know what to do since we've tried talking to him as a class.
That's true.
Personally, I wouldn't really listen to a teacher like this.

I'd just ignore him/her and look at him like I'd look at my little brother.
I'd just ignore him/her and look at him like I'd look at my little brother.

lool:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending