The Student Room Group

Am I in the wrong for doing this ?

so lately i've noticed myself that i'm blocking more people on facebook then usual . I've started blocking anyone who dosen't respond to my messages or just dosen't care about me anymore , i'm doing this now because lately my mental health hasn't been up to par ( i'm not saying i have a mental illness but i've been upset for almost a couple of weeks now) .

Am i in the wrong for doing this , this might be petty to some people but i do because......because they make me feel worse about myself :frown:

any help appreciated :O

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So you’re blocking people because they’re not paying you attention? Please don’t block me. :lol:
I think that is wrong. This is because some people may have other things to do in their life than talk to someone on Facebook. Also, you can't go around impressing everyone and blocking people who aren't impressed. The way you are doing it, seems like a ruthless merciless king that executes anyone, if he is not happy.
I don't think it is wrong, It is your Facebook so who gives two hoots?
Reply 4
Original post by HateOCR
So you’re blocking people because they’re not paying you attention? Please don’t block me. :lol:

i mean they could atleast tell me why they don't want to talk or if they're busy , they usually see it and then ignore me

if you're gonna crack jokes then can plz do it elsewhere because this a serious issue i'm dealing with here
Reply 5
Original post by neluxsan
I think that is wrong. This is because some people may have other things to do in their life than talk to someone on Facebook. Also, you can't go around impressing everyone and blocking people who aren't impressed. The way you are doing it, seems like a ruthless merciless king that executes anyone, if he is not happy.

hmm that's one way of looking at it , but people just ignore me for no reason and it takes two seconds to send a text

also another issue is that it makes me feel like **** when people ignore me for no reason so why would i let it linger over me keeping me upset when i can block them and not worry about them again
Reply 6
Original post by Lord Nutter
I don't think it is wrong, It is your Facebook so who gives two hoots?

that's true
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
i mean they could atleast tell me why they don't want to talk or if they're busy , they usually see it and then ignore me

if you're gonna crack jokes then can plz do it elsewhere because this a serious issue i'm dealing with here

You’re overreacting. Some people cannot reply to messages because they may be busy or have more urgent things to deal with. In the case of people who read your messages and don’t reply you can: ask why they aren’t replying
If they don’t respond, then you also shouldn’t respond to them. Blocking them will probably make things worse and if they dont seem to care then you can just end your friendship with them.
hmm that's one way of looking at it , but people just ignore me for no reason and it takes two seconds to send a text

also another issue is that it makes me feel like **** when people ignore me for no reason so why would i let it linger over me keeping me upset when i can block them and not worry about them again

ngl, it doesn't take 2 seconds to reply. Okay, maybe some messages, but majority of the messages take time. Especially if they know they have to craft the message based on the person. I doubt people will ignore you, maybe busy? Maybe play multiplayer games, or go outside and join a club so you can make more friends
Reply 9
Original post by HateOCR
You’re overreacting. Some people cannot reply to messages because they may be busy or have more urgent things to deal with. In the case of people who read your messages and don’t reply you can: ask why they aren’t replying
If they don’t respond, then you also shouldn’t respond to them. Blocking them will probably make things worse and if they dont seem to care then you can just end your friendship with them.

i mean i'm not gonna keep pestering them if they don't reply the first time , chances are they ain't responding again

i'm done telling fools twice
feels a bit silly imo. I totally get the frustration of sending a text to someone and them replying 5 hrs later but it shouldn't be a big enough deal for you to block them. You don't have a mental illness right? Maybe you can tell yourself "It's a bit annoying, but ultimately whether they reply late or even not at all is not the end of the world and I'm going to do something else instead of stressing about it"
so lately i've noticed myself that i'm blocking more people on facebook then usual . I've started blocking anyone who dosen't respond to my messages or just dosen't care about me anymore , i'm doing this now because lately my mental health hasn't been up to par ( i'm not saying i have a mental illness but i've been upset for almost a couple of weeks now) .

Am i in the wrong for doing this , this might be petty to some people but i do because......because they make me feel worse about myself :frown:

any help appreciated :O

Right, i am only young and i received access to social media when i was 11. this ****ed me up. i did some real dangerous stupid things online and i met strangers ext... my dad eventually found out resulting in no phone for month then no social media. but over that month i changed i don't want social media now cause i can see how much better off i am without it. its now been about four months without it i find entertainment in books and music no need for Instagram and pinterest. i also watch a lot more netflix. i text my mates or whatsapp them. if they care enough about you they will have your number. id recommend keeping messanger with the people you like and deleting most other things. most teen and young adult lives evolve around the media but there is and can be so much more to life than this so take a break. give up your phone and see where you end up.
ngl, it doesn't take 2 seconds to reply. Okay, maybe some messages, but majority of the messages take time. Especially if they know they have to craft the message based on the person. I doubt people will ignore you, maybe busy? Maybe play multiplayer games, or go outside and join a club so you can make more friends

yeh that's true , i do other stuff aswell

it's just that lately there's been some things that are bothering me and i need to talk to someone ik about them , my family doesn't help because everytime i talk to them about mental health they call me a pussy and tell me to man up (even if it's serious) so when a friend(s) ignore me it makes me doubt a few things
Original post by grumpykitty
feels a bit silly imo. I totally get the frustration of sending a text to someone and them replying 5 hrs later but it shouldn't be a big enough deal for you to block them. You don't have a mental illness right? Maybe you can tell yourself "It's a bit annoying, but ultimately whether they reply late or even not at all is not the end of the world and I'm going to do something else instead of stressing about it"

they're not replying at all though , even if they seen it

then i see them post something n social media later on so ik they're not dealing with something else
yeh that's true , i do other stuff aswell

it's just that lately there's been some things that are bothering me and i need to talk to someone ik about them , my family doesn't help because everytime i talk to them about mental health they call me a pussy and tell me to man up (even if it's serious) so when a friend(s) ignore me it makes me doubt a few things

If they ignore you, maybe try doing something you like, till they get back later...maybe watch a film or play games or do revision/hw.
i mean i'm not gonna keep pestering them if they don't reply the first time , chances are they ain't responding again

i'm done telling fools twice

Maybe they don’t like you? Im not too sure sorry.
You seem fed up with your friends maybe just stay away for a while until your bad mood goes away.
Original post by rosegg_015
Right, i am only young and i received access to social media when i was 11. this ****ed me up. i did some real dangerous stupid things online and i met strangers ext... my dad eventually found out resulting in no phone for month then no social media. but over that month i changed i don't want social media now cause i can see how much better off i am without it. its now been about four months without it i find entertainment in books and music no need for Instagram and pinterest. i also watch a lot more netflix. i text my mates or whatsapp them. if they care enough about you they will have your number. id recommend keeping messanger with the people you like and deleting most other things. most teen and young adult lives evolve around the media but there is and can be so much more to life than this so take a break. give up your phone and see where you end up.

wow you're lucky , i didnt get my own phone until i was 14
Do what's best for you.
If they ignore you, maybe try doing something you like, till they get back later...maybe watch a film or play games or do revision/hw.

i sent a text to one of my friends on tuesday , he saw it on tuesday

i haven't got anything back from them
Original post by HateOCR
Maybe they don’t like you? Im not too sure sorry.
You seem fed up with your friends maybe just stay away for a while until your bad mood goes away.

maybe , idk :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending