The Student Room Group

Britain First leader and deputy leader jailed for hate crimes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Good, it's about time these people realised you cannot harass people and incite hatred against them under the law of free speech. This is what Anjem Choudary did but obviously his was a more extreme example so he was jailed for longer.

Unrelated to the topic here but we don't have freedom of speech laws in the UK, people assume we do but we don't have a clear cut law similar to Americas.
Original post by Napp
Whats the 'tolerant left' got to do with this? Those two are the epitome of a butt nugget - with any luck irony will strike him down in the form of a large black muslim fellow giving him what for in the shower block.

You seem like a lovely person, wishing rape on people because you disagree with their opinions
Reply 22
Original post by Underscore__
You seem like a lovely person, wishing rape on people because you disagree with their opinions

Should I instead respect him as a nice upstanding member of society and ignore the vitriol he has spewed at others? Not to mention the egregious crimes he has inspired.
Original post by Napp
Should I instead respect him as a nice upstanding member of society and ignore the vitriol he has spewed at others? Not to mention the egregious crimes he has inspired.

From me essentially saying you shouldn’t wish rape on people you’ve inferred that I think you should support these people? Sound logic
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
It was well over due.
I for one believe freedom of speech laws must be changed.

long did it take for Anjem Choudary to be arrested even though he incited violence and supported ISIS?
How long did it take for these two doughnuts to be arrested even though they incited violence and racially harass muslims?

Something must be done.

Anjem Choudary was put in prison under terrorist legislation for encouraging support for ISIS. These people harrassed child rapists and leafleted the area they lived in. There is not a realistic comparison.
Original post by Napp

Its called consistency. Offering the same credence to your enemy as you would your friend. Its how we got to this point in society without strangling each other in our sleeps.
Original post by Jebedee
Its called consistency. Offering the same credence to your enemy as you would your friend. Its how we got to this point in society without strangling each other in our sleeps.

Nope. We got this society by shooting fascists.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Nope. We got this society by shooting fascists.

We defended against enemies who set out to attack us, not people who simply spoke ideas.
Reply 28
Original post by Jebedee

They are hardly my enemies, they're just disgusting excuses for people.
Nice idea but the entire justice system isn’t the left
Original post by Little Popcorns
Nice idea but the entire justice system isn’t the left

The stock response of poeple who don't like any shutdown of far right activity is to cry "so much for the tolerant left". That's the joke.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The stock response of poeple who don't like any shutdown of far right activity is to cry "so much for the tolerant left". That's the joke.

Oh it was a joke... :tongue:
Original post by Little Popcorns
Oh it was a joke... :tongue:

[video="youtube;xECUrlnXCqk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk[/video]
Original post by Napp
They are hardly my enemies, they're just disgusting excuses for people.

And that should mean they don't deserve equality under the law? What if I think you're a disgusting excuse for a person? Does it mean I can tamper with due process and law to screw you over?
Reply 34
Original post by Jebedee
And that should mean they don't deserve equality under the law?

I don't recall saying that?

What if I think you're a disgusting excuse for a person?

If I could care I would but alas you are free to think whatever you like of me.
Does it mean I can tamper with due process and law to screw you over?

Pray tell how due process has been tampered with here or how they've been 'screwed over' - you seem to have moved away from mere perversion of the truth to outright lying here now.
Original post by Napp
Pray tell how due process has been tampered with here or how they've been 'screwed over' - you seem to have moved away from mere perversion of the truth to outright lying here now.

They are supposed to have leafletted an area where one of five men were living informing them that he was part of gang raping a child and his semen had
Been found on her body and at the crime scene.

He was on bail amazingly even though the judge had seen this evidence and was working at the crime scene which was a chicken shop where children go just like his victim did.

They are both divs but I don’t think they did anything wrong in this incident with the supposed facts I know which admittedly is just what I have heard.

Shortly after the men were jailed for 20 years
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending