The Student Room Group

Year 11s, How much revision are you doing?

I was just curious as to how much revision everyone's doing at this stage. I find myself worrying quite a lot about the amount of revision I do. I'm aiming to do 2 hours on weekdays and around 3-4 hours on weekend days. Although I'd really like to increase this and I don't always manage to that many hours. I'm aiming for 9s in most subjects.
So I was wondering how many hours are others doing?

Scroll to see replies

Waaay less lol I’m so lazy. Although I’m planning to start revising in the Easter holidays
Like half an hour on weekdays (alongside intervention at school :smile:) and a few hours on weekend days.
Just saying but I don’t think time spent should be compared as someone could spend hours revising something ineffectively whilst someone else could be doing an hour of really focused revision. Quality over quantity and all.
Reply 3
Original post by Toastiekid
Like half an hour on weekdays (alongside intervention at school :smile:) and a few hours on weekend days.
Just saying but I don’t think time spent should be compared as someone could spend hours revising something ineffectively whilst someone else could be doing an hour of really focused revision. Quality over quantity and all.

Very true, I'm trying to care less on how much I'm doing and more on what I'm actually in the session of revision.
Reply 4
Original post by bluemuffin
Waaay less lol I’m so lazy. Although I’m planning to start revising in the Easter holidays

Oh okay, what are you targets?
Original post by peeked
Oh okay, what are you targets?

7 for English (lit and lang) and RS, 8 for the sciences (triple), 9 for maths and music and A* in German and French wbu?
Reply 6
7 for English (lit and lang) and RS, 8 for the sciences (triple), 9 for maths and music and A* in German and French wbu?

I'm aiming for 9s in maths, computing, chemistry, biology, physics, A* in business and hopefully 8s in English Lang, Eng lit, French and RS but I am trying to get 9s in some of those subjects like RS and Eng Lang
Original post by peeked
I'm aiming for 9s in maths, computing, chemistry, biology, physics, A* in business and hopefully 8s in English Lang, Eng lit, French and RS but I am trying to get 9s in some of those subjects like RS and Eng Lang

Wow nice those are good grades
Reply 8
Wow nice those are good grades

Thanks but I need to work super hard still :smile: On track for maths, sciences, computing, business :smile: . Need to work hard for English and French :frown:

Are you Edexcel music?
Original post by Toastiekid
Are you Edexcel music?

Yes I think so
Yes I think so

I have no idea how you can aim that high, I struggle so much with the composition and appraising:frown:
I started properly Monday last week.
Aiming to do 2 hours a weeknight then 4 hours per weekend day. I spend 1 hour after school 3 nights a week so I find it difficult to do much more on weeks. The Easter holiday is where I aim to do the “bulk” of my revision
Around 2/3/4 hours on week days and about 7 hours each on Sunday and Saturday. It’s craaaazzzyyy!
Starting revision from tomorrow. Probably gonna get a time table done tomorrow in school or some time and gonna start then :biggrin:
Looking for about 18- 20 hours per week for the next 4 weeks and 25-30 hours for the 5 weeks after that
Reply 15
Original post by elliekhan
Around 2/3/4 hours on week days and about 7 hours each on Sunday and Saturday. It’s craaaazzzyyy!

Wow that’s quite a lot! 7 hours on Sunday and Saturday! What grades are you aiming for?
Need a 7 in maths to get onto the A-level course and 5/6s to get onto Biology and Chemistry but I'd like to go 7s all round apart from English and Art but that's a long story (basically I was lulled into art and English... well English is English; got a distinction in the speaking though so at least I have that going for me).

I wouldn't panic if you haven't gone into full on revision mode yet as most people I know haven't started revising yet either though we are going through exam papers in class so I suppose we're all using that as a bit of an excuse to slack off. I do intend to start revising tonight, actually. 2 hours a night, weekdays and weekends, is what I'm aiming for. Easter holidays.... I'll aim for 2 hours though with more spare time I'll probably drift over that into 3 maybe 4. Good luck with your revision!
Original post by peeked
Wow that’s quite a lot! 7 hours on Sunday and Saturday! What grades are you aiming for?

Honestly 7’s,8’s and 9’s I hope !!! :smile:
4 hours a day after school (in sizeable chunks) and around 11 hours at the weekend.
Reply 19
Original post by JedEmily
4 hours a day after school (in sizeable chunks) and around 11 hours at the weekend.

4 hours! What grades are you aiming for?

Quick Reply

Latest