The Student Room Group

Uni Help

I'm 18. I failed all of my GCSEs, the grades are all below C/4, I have 1 D, E, F and the rest are Us. I did complete functional skills at entry level 3 English, maths and entry level 3 animal care. I am doing level 1 functional skills English and maths now.

I found a few courses I would like to do, it's pre access for 1 year to get GCSEs English and maths at grade C/4 or 5, access course in animal management for 1 year, a degree for 2 years then maybe an extra year after the 2 year, but the extra year is a choice. I will be 19 in November so by the time I started pre access I'll still be 18 so age isn't bothering me it's bothering me that I currently have no decent qualifications right now.

I failed GCSEs due to severe anxiety, depression, I rarely went to school due to these problems and anaemia, I was also having trouble with some people and getting bullied during GCSEs so everything was against me at the time, I also wasn't well in college so couldn't progress on to level 1 animal care after entry level 3 but now my mental health is no where near as bad which is why I went back to college but a different one and I'm doing level 1 functional skills. In year 9 despite my attendance being low I was getting D's and E's which were really good considering I wasn't in a lot, I could've got Cs if I was okay but I wasn't.

Anyway I just need advice on the situation and the fact that the degrees want you to have Cs in science, I have an E, do I try and retake the science as well as English and maths and speak to the college about it?

The degrees are Foundation Science Degree - Zoological Management
BSc Hons Zoological Management and Conservation
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JasmineWills
I'm 18. I failed all of my GCSEs, the grades are all below C/4, I have 1 D, E, F and the rest are Us. I did complete functional skills at entry level 3 English, maths and entry level 3 animal care. I am doing level 1 functional skills English and maths now.

I found a few courses I would like to do, it's pre access for 1 year to get GCSEs English and maths at grade C/4 or 5, access course in animal management for 1 year, a degree for 2 years then maybe an extra year after the 2 year, but the extra year is a choice. I will be 19 in November so by the time I started pre access I'll still be 18 so age isn't bothering me it's bothering me that I currently have no decent qualifications right now.

I failed GCSEs due to severe anxiety, depression, I rarely went to school due to these problems and anaemia, I was also having trouble with some people and getting bullied during GCSEs so everything was against me at the time, I also wasn't well in college so couldn't progress on to level 1 animal care after entry level 3 but now my mental health is no where near as bad which is why I went back to college but a different one and I'm doing level 1 functional skills. In year 9 despite my attendance being low I was getting D's and E's which were really good considering I wasn't in a lot, I could've got Cs if I was okay but I wasn't.

Anyway I just need advice on the situation and the fact that the degrees want you to have Cs in science, I have an E, do I try and retake the science as well as English and maths and speak to the college about it?

The degrees are Foundation Science Degree - Zoological Management
BSc Hons Zoological Management and Conservation

definitely see if you can retake your science gcses whilst you do your English and maths, it would give you more options degree wise.
Original post by claireestelle
definitely see if you can retake your science gcses whilst you do your English and maths, it would give you more options degree wise.

Considering I got an E and wasn't in much I think if I put my head into it I can get at least a C
Original post by JasmineWills
Considering I got an E and wasn't in much I think if I put my head into it I can get at least a C

since you know why you struggled last time, i m sure this time you can get a C :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending