The Student Room Group

whose more insecure: Tall girls or short girls

People say tall girls are insecure because they are not seen as feminine etc. and hsort girls are insecure because well they are too small lol. But who is more insecure?
As a short girl, I've noticed tall girls enjoy being tall irl whilst short girls irl always want to be taller. Being short is viewed as kinda defect... also the no. of threads on this site about height (sorry for adding to it) just makes me feel so much more insecure. Also, if you look at threads with tall girls asking about their height, guys have overwhelmingly positive responses calling them gorg and sexy butb with short girls, a lot of people are just saying "love yourself", "I don't mind", "I would date either" etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justanotherchica
People say tall girls are insecure because they are not seen as feminine etc. and hsort girls are insecure because well they are too small lol. But who is more insecure?
As a short girl, I've noticed tall girls enjoy being tall irl whilst short girls irl always want to be taller. Being short is viewed as kinda defect... also the no. of threads on this site about height (sorry for adding to it) just makes me feel so much more insecure. Also, if you look at threads with tall girls asking about their height, guys have overwhelmingly positive responses calling them gorg and sexy butb with short girls, a lot of people are just saying "love yourself", "I don't mind", "I would date either" etc.

If you're a girl it doesn't matter. Men who are short are somewhat in a bad position but everyone else is fine.

I think girls who are about 5ft6-5ft9 are in the perfect region in terms of being least insecure. Also tall girls who have a good posture are definitely the most feminine, theres a reason supermodels are very tall
The obvious answer is it depends on the girl, how she perceives height, how tall her friends and family are etc.

But if you want me to give a definite answer, I'd say short girls. I think females want to be tall just like males. Not ridiculously so, but certainly up to 6 foot, girls want to be taller. Guys also want to be taller, but again anything over 6'5 or 6'6 becomes unnecessary and frankly embarrassing (see Peter Crouch as an example). Unless he plans to play basketball for a living or something like that.

Shorter girls are always wearing heels on a night out. This isn't to make their legs look better (contrary to popular belief). It's because they want to be noticed more and being taller does that. They are insecure just like the short guys are, except height isn't a deal breaker for them in relationships (for guys it is unfortunately).
Original post by Quaviousthe2nd
If you're a girl it doesn't matter. Men who are short are somewhat in a bad position but everyone else is fine.

I think girls who are about 5ft6-5ft9 are in the perfect region in terms of being least insecure. Also tall girls who have a good posture are definitely the most feminine, theres a reason supermodels are very tall

but short girls are curvier lol
but true im jealous of tall girl they have such beautiful bodies and legss
Original post by snowman77
The obvious answer is it depends on the girl, how she perceives height, how tall her friends and family are etc.

But if you want me to give a definite answer, I'd say short girls. I think females want to be tall just like males. Not ridiculously so, but certainly up to 6 foot, girls want to be taller. Guys also want to be taller, but again anything over 6'5 or 6'6 becomes unnecessary and frankly embarrassing (see Peter Crouch as an example). Unless he plans to play basketball for a living or something like that.

Shorter girls are always wearing heels on a night out. This isn't to make their legs look better (contrary to popular belief). It's because they want to be noticed more and being taller does that. They are insecure just like the short guys are, except height isn't a deal breaker for them in relationships (for guys it is unfortunately).

thats so true, the taller you are the more noticeable you are
Reply 5
I'm in no position to choose, but based on my experiences short girls. It's probably because I'm 6ft 3, I don't mind if a girl were to be 6ft but I'd prefer to be the tall one.

In fact I like to be tall in general. There are a few freaky beasts who are taller than me on a night out, but tbh other then them odd few I get to be the tallest in the club :smile:

Sorry misread the question: the two extremes are going to be just as insecure as one another. I'd say being 5ft is worse than being taller than 6ft, but then being 5ft is better than being 6ft 8 as a girl /: . Depends on the two extremes really.
(edited 6 years ago)
I really don't prefer tall girls because I am quite short myself
but short girls are curvier lol
but true im jealous of tall girl they have such beautiful bodies and legss

lol its not curves theyre just more compressed

I dont mind short girls though. Theyre hot imo although it could look weird since im 6ft1

But to the point: I dont think either have valid reasons to be insecure. I think the insecurity comes from the way other women view each other
Original post by Quaviousthe2nd
lol its not curves theyre just more compressed

I dont mind short girls though. Theyre hot imo although it could look weird since im 6ft1

But to the point: I dont think either have valid reasons to be insecure. I think the insecurity comes from the way other women view each other

I kinda just wanna know if there are short girls who are confident about their height, like a lot of short girls have to add when they mention their height "oh im soo short im like 5 ft ... " and short girls always lie about their height. It just makes me feel worst about myself because all of that clearly shows people view being short as something wrong or weird.
Personally I love being tall.
Im short, 5ft, but my strong broad shoulders make me feel more confident, I'm a lot stronger than I look people are shocked that I can do 7 pull-ups without training and in jujitsu they have a hard time wrestling me. I see taller girls who look very weak and don't have much muscle so Im more confident. There are some larger women though who look very athletic I know Id have no chance against them if they started confrontation so thats when I feel more insecure and insignificant.

If I could have chosen ideally Id want to be about 5ft4, I don't want to be tall but theres not much I get out of being this short either, particularly when I get put in 100m hurdle races lol. So height wise Id be somewhere in the middle!
(edited 6 years ago)
Only girls I've seen express actual genuine insecurity with their height have been tall ones.

Saying that I don't speak to many girls about their insecurities 'cause that's a bit deep innit
Even thick thighs on short legs? lol
both have insecurities. As far as preference, it depends on your looks and physique tbh, and which you or the guy is into

there are men who want leggy twiggy chicks with no bum and flat chest

then there's me. Who likes em around 5'4 with curves for days. A lot of your fav female celebrities or insta babes who look well over 5'8, you look em up, they're 5'6, 5'3. Spot a model off work in the road, you'd never notice her or prefer that, I reckon.
I kinda just wanna know if there are short girls who are confident about their height, like a lot of short girls have to add when they mention their height "oh im soo short im like 5 ft ... " and short girls always lie about their height. It just makes me feel worst about myself because all of that clearly shows people view being short as something wrong or weird.

I'm around 5ft, I've always had comments about my height, I'm 18 now looking 15, but guess what? When I'm 30 I will look like I'm still in my 20s, same with 40s looking like I'm in my 30s, it' annoying now but an advantage later on as most women buy anti aging stuff where as I'm naturally young looking, you just have to stop caring about others opinions, I get called a midget and dwarf but at least I'm no ugly tree, it's always unattractive people commenting on my height, most attractive people think I'm attractive and a lot of people know being a short girl is a avantage, no guy wants to date a girl taller than them, it is weird.

If there is a fire in a building, being short means getting through small spaces and easily squeezing past people, it's like being a ninja when climbing up to reach cupboards and things, it's so much better.

I ignore comments made about my height by insecure freaks.

Love being short, it's better. :smile:
Original post by snowman77

Well yeah it is a deal breaker if she’s taller than me or below 5ft 1
girls that are above 5'10" are the most insecure lol.

5'10" is like average male height so they're pretty much taller than the majority of guys when they're above 5'10". Both my ex gf's from University were 5'10" though. I like tall girls :redface:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by inthedark1
Im short, 5ft, but my strong broad shoulders make me feel more confident, I'm a lot stronger than I look people are shocked that I can do 7 pull-ups without training!

i know that feeling. i was amazed at how easy it was to do 30kg on the lat pulldown machine at my gym when i started out!
Original post by JasmineWills

I ignore comments made about my height by insecure freaks.

Love being short, it's better. :smile:

it's hard to look sure of yourself when you call tall girls ugly for no reason instead of just loving yourself and ditching the hate my guy
I prefer short girls but then again I'm 5,8 witch is the average height but studies show the average height for girls is 5,4 while the preferred height by most men is 5,2

Latest