The Student Room Group

More racist stuff

The lectures, named Walking on the White Side of the Street, will "examine and acknowledge the destructive role of whiteness".

Expected to be held in October, the sessions have already been advertised, saying: "We will look at it as a day-to-day reality of white privilege that causes daily ‘aggressions’ towards people of colour."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5783703/university-of-bristol-lecturers-white-privilege-workshops/

Is there no end to the racist and sexist abuse towards white men? It's surreal to see this creep up on us every day like a spreading cancer only for everyone to roll over as if it didn't matter at all.

There is no such thing as white privilege, it's as much of a con as the gender pay-difference from people wanting to earn out of it.

White privilege is being born with white skin, and as a result, having advantages in society that are not afforded to others.

*******s.

Another workshop, entitled Privilege: The Truth We Don’t Tell Ourselves, was held at Anglia Ruskin University in East Anglia.

ARU, that rings a bell.

Scroll to see replies

The fact that you don't notice white peoples' daily microaggressions towards POC is proof of your white privilege.
I think it is very important to emphasise the people and ideology behind this racism/sexism, namely, feminists/feminism, it’s imoortant to point this out so that people stand up to and address the cause of these problems.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
The fact that you don't notice white peoples' daily microaggressions towards POC is proof of your white privilege.

Or proof that you don't play with a full deck, one of the two. Either that or you're fabricating a tool that will allow you to justify discriminating against white people, which would be just racist. Take your pick because it is definitely one of those two.

i don't notice any micro-aggressions because they are not there, it's all a load of rubbish. Anti-white racist crap.
Reply 4
White privilege, what a droll little term 😂
Original post by zhog
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5783703/university-of-bristol-lecturers-white-privilege-workshops/

Is there no end to the racist and sexist abuse towards white men? It's surreal to see this creep up on us every day like a spreading cancer only for everyone to roll over as if it didn't matter at all.

There is no such thing as white privilege, it's as much of a con as the gender pay-difference from people wanting to earn out of it.

*******s.

ARU, that rings a bell.

White Privilege is a codeword for White Genocide

Working class white boys/men are least privilege people in Britain there most likely to be homeless go to worst schools least likely to go university, die younger be the victim of crime and fail their GCSEs.

Are there any university classes teaching students about white working boys how there less privilege than POC. POC children in London go to schools that have £3000 more per student per team than children in North East England. Children in North England who are white working class go to underfunded schools with worth teachers then children in London.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/03/white-working-class-boys-left-behind-negative-impact-focus-ethnic/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-to-get-more-white-working-class-boys-into-university-expert-advice-for-theresa-may-beyond-brexit_uk_5936baa1e4b013c4816b1e21
Original post by CookieButter
I think it is very important to emphasise the people and ideology behind this racism/sexism, namely, feminists..

aliens - feminists.jpg

White Privilege? Tell that to Working-Class White lads who's best prospects is getting on the dole.
In London, a city that is over 50 BEM, strange how very rare it is to see non white street homeless man.
Must be their White Male Privilege.
Original post by Just my opinion
In London, a city that is over 50 BEM, strange how very rare it is to see non white street homeless man.
Must be their White Male Privilege.

What? It's not rare at all. What are you talking about? And London is 60% white. Were you talking about some other London?
Original post by Kaffee_1998
White Privilege? Tell that to Working-Class White lads who's best prospects is getting on the dole.

Working class are the key words there. Now, if only there was a party that represented working class poeple. And what if there was a party that didn't represent the interests of working class people, I wonder what tactics it would employ to get thier votes when all it can offer them is more pain and misery.

Original post by Axiomasher
aliens - feminists.jpg

You meme game is on fire today.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Captain Haddock
What? It's not rare at all. What are you talking about? And London is 60% white. Were you talking about some other London?

You will see 20 whites on the street for every black person in general. I am there most days and there are way more destitute whites.

Makes a mockery of the claim of these ethnocentric nutjobs when they claim all whites benefit from racism, and how whites all treat each other as some special kind, differently from other races.
Reply 13
White Privilege does not exisit in the UK. The UK and the USA are worlds apart when it comes to racial divides.

Park that next to Black Lives Matter. All Lives Matter.
Original post by Underground906
You will see 20 whites on the street for every black person in general. I am there most days and there are way more destitute whites.

Makes a mockery of the claim of these ethnocentric nutjobs when they claim all whites benefit from racism, and how whites all treat each other as some special kind, differently from other races.

And I'm here all day, everyday. About 60% of London is white, and about 60% of rough sleepers in London are also white. Ethnic minorities are also way disproportionately homeless, countrywide.
In the UK it's less about Racism and more about Class/Ranking in society.

There's a pretty wide variety of people in the UK (or atleast where i live) so i guess that's a main reason behind the lack of racism as we're more integrated. The main problem though is the Class struggles - which have always remained a problem.

Original post by zhog

*******s.

ARU, that rings a bell.
Reply 16
I don't see the countries these people coming from celebrating multiculturalism
Original post by zhog

*******s.

ARU, that rings a bell.

I agree.

Also may I point out that even if we did have "white privilege" then our race could technically just be taken away because privilege is something you have that can be taken away like a drivers license. Anyway, I don't know where people on twitter get off posting stuff like "all white people are racist" when we can hardly say shite without getting censored.
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
In the UK it's less about Racism and more about Class/Ranking in society.

There's a pretty wide variety of people in the UK (or atleast where i live) so i guess that's a main reason behind the lack of racism as we're more integrated. The main problem though is the Class struggles - which have always remained a problem.

For once I agree with you, my man.
OK so 3 questions:

1) What actually is a microagression? Anybody got examples?
2) How do they keep PoC down exactly?
3) Why is PoC an acceptable term while coloured people generally isn't, when semantically they both mean exactly the same thing?

Original post by peopleperson888
White Privilege is a codeword for White Genocide

If somebody says that on this forum one more time then I will happily let ethnic minorities wipe me off the face of this ****ing earth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending