The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Starting uni

Hi, I've been offered a place at Hallam to studie adult nursing in september 18. I was just wondering who else will be starting and if you've got your dbs, health check etc.
Original post by NAZIARASHID3048
Hi, I've been offered a place at Hallam to studie adult nursing in september 18. I was just wondering who else will be starting and if you've got your dbs, health check etc.

Hey there,

Congratulations on your offer!

I'm not studying nursing but I'm in my third year at Sheffield Hallam now, so if you have any questions about the university or life here, then let me know :biggrin:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Hi. Thanks soo much. Am really nervous coz think I maybe the only adult student on the course!😂
Reply 3
Hello! I also have received an offer to study Adult Nursing this September, I've completed the dbs, health check and booked my pre-course day! Just trying to study for my a-levels now :smile:
Hi, I'm starting in September aswell. I got am email from health and wellbeing that included dba form and a form to fill in about your immunisation. After u fill that in you will get a date for pre enrolment. Mines on 11th August. U looking forward to starting?
Original post by NAZIARASHID3048
Hi. Thanks soo much. Am really nervous coz think I maybe the only adult student on the course!😂

Hey again,

I'm so sorry I hadn't seen your reply before now! But no worries - I've met lots of mature students throughout my time at university. The people on my course have settled in just the same as the younger students, as people don't tend to be bothered about that when they're at uni. If you're worried because you'd like to meet more adults in your position, you'd even be able to start a society for mature students or perhaps a Facebook group where adults from all different courses could communicate with each other!

Either way, don't worry, it's really common to find a mixture of all ages in different courses and I've never seen or heard of that being a big deal.

Ellie :smile:
Original post by SHUGURU
Hey again,

I'm so sorry I hadn't seen your reply before now! But no worries - I've met lots of mature students throughout my time at university. The people on my course have settled in just the same as the younger students, as people don't tend to be bothered about that when they're at uni. If you're worried because you'd like to meet more adults in your position, you'd even be able to start a society for mature students or perhaps a Facebook group where adults from all different courses could communicate with each other!

Either way, don't worry, it's really common to find a mixture of all ages in different courses and I've never seen or heard of that being a big deal.

Ellie :smile:

Hi Ellie,
Thanks soo much. I hope that's the case. I don't have much confidence but am hoping I'll settle in like the rest
Naz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending