The Student Room Group

'Punish a Muslim Day' Letter being sent to households

Hey guys,

So I'm not sure if you have heard or have been given a letter but it was handed out to families stating that on April 3rd, Muslims will be punished for certain reasons and points are given for the act that will be carried out.

To me, this is vile and pathetic and even worse targeting innocent individuals.

What are your thought on this?

Link below:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-43356769

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Hey guys,

So I'm not sure if you have heard or have been given a letter but it was handed out to families stating that on April 3rd, Muslims will be punished for certain reasons and points are given for the act that will be carried out.

To me, this is vile and pathetic and even worse targeting innocent individuals.

What are your thought on this?

Link below:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-43356769

It really is absurd and disgusting!
What kind of world is this?
Do you think Muslims should stay indoors on this day
Original post by myquestiontsr
It really is absurd and disgusting!
What kind of world is this?
Do you think Muslims should stay indoors on this day

Its a world that ppl think violence is the way to solve anything
Tbh I think its some stupid joke to scare ppl but I wouldnt stay inside, just be careful of your surroundings and anyone near you
Its a world that ppl think violence is the way to solve anything
Tbh I think its some stupid joke to scare ppl but I wouldnt stay inside, just be careful of your surroundings and anyone near you

Thank you so much:smile:
hope you get more thoughts on this topic
Got more publicity (which is what they want) than it deserves.
Thank you so much:smile:
hope you get more thoughts on this topic

Np x
What are your thoughts on it?
It is sad that there are disgusting human beings who thinks it is okay to terrorise innocent people who haven't done anything wrong.
Original post by 999tigger

But do you think there is a possibiliy that some of the acts could be carried out on the day?
Np x
What are your thoughts on it?

Its terrible, cannot believe the atrocity of this letter!
I wish we could all get along together, but no....
I hope nothing extreme happens on 3rd April:frown:
Original post by Lastone123
It is sad that there are disgusting human beings who thinks it is okay to terrorise innocent people who haven't done anything wrong.

I think for them its more that the religion is wrong and everyone who follows it should be punished for it, regardless if they are innocent
Its terrible, cannot believe the atrocity of this letter!
I wish we could all get along together, but no....
I hope nothing extreme happens on 3rd April:frown:

Someone sent it to me through snap and i was just shocked, even if it might be a joke, it can cause alot of scare and panic to ppl.

I wouldnt worry too much but like I said keep an eye out
Original post by 999tigger

Agreed. The more publicity it gets the more islamophobes will hear about it and use it to justify their actions. On one hand, people should be alerted to danger but on the other hand this could inspire a lot more action than if it wasn’t so publicised.
But do you think there is a possibiliy that some of the acts could be carried out on the day?

Theres a possibility that all sorts of things could happen. If someone was stupid enough to act then its likely they held those opinions anyway.

As far as it goes then I think Muslims are quite safe in the UK and they have more chance of being attacked because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and fall victim to a terrorist attack. Obviously just some attention seeking racists/ anti muslim group that happen to own a printer and can afford some stamps.

The aim was to grab headlines. I dont think its credible.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
Screenshot_20180310-130303-compressed.jpg.jpeg this is the full pic for those wondering
Instead of worrying about others, you worry about yourself. Thought you were part of the CIA, isnt protection and that given to you?
I may not always agree with Islam, but this is utterly demented. Let's just hope as few people as possible participate.
Im pretty sure for those who are in any type of education don't need to worry, it's the Easter holiday for some.
Wow that’s wrong, think I might use the paper shredder on that.
Original post by Andrew97
Wow that’s wrong, think I might use the paper shredder on that.

Wouldnt be surprised if more get sent out or leaflets are flying around.
They use the points as if this is some kind of game :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending